Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Transmision on C4 1993

norwegianvette

Corvette
1993 Aqua Convertible
Hi again all.
Where can i find out wich kind of transmision i have on my corvette. Expect it to be a TH700R4 or something like that (automatic by the way). It's a 1993 model and as you all understand, this is my first Vette so i'm sorry if you find it a stupid question. It changes gear smoothly and works fine so my add question is: Any known problems to look for and anything i can do to avoid problems in the future.

Thanks,
Steve

With proper maintenance and without beating it up, Corvette transmissions are some of the best in the world, IMO.

Corvette transmissions are pretty much worry free. Simple maintenance and it'll easily last you 100,000+ miles.

1993 saw the use of the 700r4 and 4L60e transmissions both. There was a mid year change. :beer

Thanks. Is there anywhere on the car i can find this information. I want to replace the oil and filter which i have to order from USA. First i get it cheaper that way and secon Norwegian shops don't stock much parts for Corvette. I have a Tahoe and there is no problems finding new parts for that over here but like i said Corvette is more or less limited to sparks and oilfilter.

Steve

Thanks. Is there anywhere on the car i can find this information. I want to replace the oil and filter which i have to order from USA. First i get it cheaper that way and secon Norwegian shops don't stock much parts for Corvette. I have a Tahoe and there is no problems finding new parts for that over here but like i said Corvette is more or less limited to sparks and oilfilter.

Steve

Physically both transmissions are the same, the only difference is that the 4L60e is electronically controlled.

Mine is "MD8" which will be a 700r4 then. Thank you all. Not easy to be a newbe but i'm learning every day thanks to people like you guys.

Hi again all.
Where can i find out wich kind of transmision i have on my corvette. Expect it to be a TH700R4 or something like that (automatic by the way). It's a 1993 model and as you all understand, this is my first Vette so i'm sorry if you find it a stupid question. It changes gear smoothly and works fine so my add question is: Any known problems to look for and anything i can do to avoid problems in the future.

Thanks,
Steve

I had a problem recently where the trans was acting funny, shifting at higher revs then normal. It's a 93 so I assume you have an ASR motor under the hood. One of the three cables attached to this has a direct link through the TPS sensor I think it is. Any way the cable is visible from the driver side of the engine near the throttle body. My cable casing had slipped causing slack in the cable. You could see it was hanging from it's guide. Tried to adjust the cable casing but for some reason it won't lock anymore. I was successful using a mini clamp to make sure it didn't happen again. Thought you might like to know this if your tranny is cable controlled instead of electronic. :beer

Thanks Robert. Useful information in case i get similar problems in the future. I'm learning more and more everyday and it is very complex cars. By the way Robert. I did make a thread regarding my oil pressure. I've talked to the local dealer and they say not to worry. The thing is that i don't thrust these guys much as they have limited and none experience with Corvette. I guess the reason is that i have very thin oil but whereabout is your pressure ideling and running. At idel i can get as far down as 20 psi (quarter on the gauge).

Steve

At idle the oil pressure can go down to 20# or less. When the oil is warm it should run between 50# to 75# depending on the RPM of the engine

Hi Robert. So you have same reading. From 25% and up to 75% under normal conditions. Makes me feel safer, you never know when you buy a secondhand car. Like i said before, first time i have a Corvette and there is loads to learn.

Steve

I like to do most of my own work. I belong to many forums but this one is tops when it comes to your vette. I had quite a bit of help here for different things I needed to know and enjoy reading on the things that others experience. A great bunch here! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom