Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Transmission fluid

Ronald

Corvette
66 Coupe
Just a dumb question here. I've never paid any attention to my transmission. It's the stock manual 4 speed. The other day I was under the car looking up at it and wondering if I need to check the fluid in it.

Chances are no previous owners ever did either; people tend to ignore manual transmission lube until it starts giving problems or making noise. Get a suction gun, draw out the old lube, and refill with 75W90 or 80W90 gear lube.
:beer

Thanks John. I take it I would do this by undoing the square bolt on the drivers side of the transmission?

The fill plug is on the passenger side of the main case; remove the plug, use a flexible hose on the suction gun so it reaches all the way to the bottom of the case, draw out the old lube, and use the suction gun to add the new lube. :)

JohnZ said:
The fill plug is on the passenger side of the main case; remove the plug, use a flexible hose on the suction gun so it reaches all the way to the bottom of the case, draw out the old lube, and use the suction gun to add the new lube. :)

Great! Thanks a lot. I saw the plug, it was the one I was thinking of I was goofed up thinking it was on the driver's side. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom