Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Transmission Troubles

Corvette
92 coupe black rose
Fix one problem and another one starts...I just got done fixing a problem with my 92 LT1 randomly not wanting to start (or it seems to be fixed so far) but now I've got a new problem. When I took it for a drive, it's not changing gears or selecting gears like it should. I backed out of the driveway and pulled it into drive, it hesitated for a second before engaging 1st gear, then seemed to take off okay, but stayed in 1st a long time before shifting out on easy acceleration. If I take off hard, it only goes up to about 35mph then shifts on into 2nd. If I'm cruising along at 45-50mph and floor it, it only comes down one gear instead of dropping down to 2nd and really taking off. I don't think right now that there's actually anything wrong with the transmission, leaning more towards something like a vacuum line problem or I've pulled a plug or wire loose or something that's just not keeping it from selecting gears properly. Whatever it is, I'm missing it. ;help;shrug

Is the TV cable to the throttle body adjusted correctly?
Or the trans governor may be sticking

Fix one problem and another one starts...I just got done fixing a problem with my 92 LT1 randomly not wanting to start (or it seems to be fixed so far) but now I've got a new problem. When I took it for a drive, it's not changing gears or selecting gears like it should. I backed out of the driveway and pulled it into drive, it hesitated for a second before engaging 1st gear, then seemed to take off okay, but stayed in 1st a long time before shifting out on easy acceleration. If I take off hard, it only goes up to about 35mph then shifts on into 2nd. If I'm cruising along at 45-50mph and floor it, it only comes down one gear instead of dropping down to 2nd and really taking off. I don't think right now that there's actually anything wrong with the transmission, leaning more towards something like a vacuum line problem or I've pulled a plug or wire loose or something that's just not keeping it from selecting gears properly. Whatever it is, I'm missing it. ;help;shrug
Waiting for the gmjunkie I see.:thumb

Is the TV cable to the throttle body adjusted correctly?
Or the trans governor may be sticking

Thanks for the idea's.

Waiting for the gmjunkie I see.:thumb

I end up calling him on anything else I'm going to just put him on speed dial! :L Ironic thing is when I heard from him, he's got another one there he's working on right now that's got the exact same symptoms.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom