Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trickle charger?

OldManC5

Corvette
2002 Magnetic Red convertible
I'm about to put our car in storage for the winter (November to April up here) and would like not to lose the settings my wife and I have stored in our C5's memories. Will we lose them if I disconnect the battery? If so, is it advisable to leave the battery connected and use a trickle charger? What are the pros and cons? Do you have a recommendation concerning which trickle charger to use?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Thanks Racer78,

But can anyone tell me exactly who makes the type of charger I might need? Is there a selection on the market? Who makes the one best suited to this purpose? Is it really advisable to leave the battery on trickle charge for six months? Or is it better to disconnect the battery and have to reset all the saved information in the spring?

I really need some input now since we have already had our first significant snow.

Thanks.

Great response!

Thanks, Ken. Now I have the specific information I need to make some real choices. :)

Thank you, everyone,

for your input. I ordered a battery tender from Eckler's yesterday. The gentleman who took my order enthusiastically endorsed the product, saying that there is no better battery maintenance system available. That must be true because they are back ordered and I probably won't get mine for a month or so.

That's OK because it looks like good weather is moving into the Upper Peninsula for the next few days. :cool I'm going to dust off the Corvette for one last weekend of fun!

Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom