Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trouble Codes for an 84

Codes

That was a great list dr thanks. The Haynes manual has a pretty decent list of ECM codes and how to check the computer without an analyzer. My 84 GM Shop Manual also has a list of the code as well.

Thanks again for the info and good luck kmcewan :cool

Codes Update

Kmcewan,
Just received a new copy of the MidAmerica catalog for 1984-96 and on page 4-25 there is a product that I might even purchase. "Diagnostic Grounding Plug Kit" #604-259 $39.99. This looks like it might be worth its weight.

Have a great day
Bob w/jet4rs
:w

if your gonna get that, why not spend that on a cable kit from
AKM electronics, then download the ECM165 software package ( this assumes you have access to a laptop), it is freeware and that way ya get your own scanner/logger etc

Thnaks for the info

Gary,

Thanks for the link. Great info and told me what I wanted to know.

jet4rs,

couldn't find a listing for ecm codes in my shop manual, what page/section?

Thanks to all,

Ken

1984 Corvette Shop Manual

Section 6E2

Engine and Emission Controls Fuel Injection

This section will tell you all you need to know plus some things that you probibly didn't want to know about the ECM / Testing and on and on and on.

Good Luck

So Ken

WHERE are we at NOW?

What codes has she thrown?

Vig!

code 42

For a short while, it was listing a 42 error, then it went away.

now no codes at all.

Engine still won't take full throttle without nosing over.

I can gradually increase throttle and get up to highway speeds without much of a problem. It just won't respond when I put my foot in it.

This only seems to be happening under load. In park, I get decent throttle response.

Close, very close..... May even drive it to work on monday.

Ken

EST module.....

That MIGHT be part of your problem.

Vig!

EST?

Could be I guess, but I replaced that when I replaced the cap, rotor & coil. I might have generated this code when I disconnected the infamous brown wire to set the timing. Happened at the same time.

Twinnie seemed to think it might be a fuel delivery problem. Maybe gas tank screen or fuel filter clogging when at WOT.

I'd like to know what it is so I can put my foot in it once in a while.

I plan on replacing the existing intake with a ported & polished CF intake, and new TPIS throttle bodies. It may not solve the bogging problem, but I certainly won't have a flow problem any more. I'll be starting on this soon.

Ken

I agree with Twinnie!

Pull the pump... and at least inspect it!

Did you get the intake VAC plummed correctly yet?

Vig!

Vacuume Plumming?

All unused vac lines are plugged.

EGR not hooked up yet.

Air Cleaner not hooked to vac.. Last time I tried, I could bearly get out of the driveway without stalling.

Where is the inline fuel filter?

Pump is putting out more than 15 psi, so it should be working well.

on another topic....

Put in a 160deg thermostat this past weekend and tried driving into work today. This morning (7:00am) temp got up to 200 on the way in. This evening, temp got up to 230 in stop and go traffic. That's a little too hot in my opinion. I've got to check what's between the radiator and trans cooler.

Ken

OUCH! hothothot

Yeah, too hot, too hot baby. Gotta run for shelter, gotta ruunnnn for shade--OK--sorry about that. Got stuck in the 70s.

When you were "too hot" was your fan on? If so I would look at blockages, either a bag in front of your radiator or a blockage in the pipes...yeah, you might need to get your pipes cleaned.

I'm done. OUT :D
--Drew:w

Pipes Cleaned

Drewser,

Your right, it's probably an obstruction somewhere.

You know how it is, as your vette gets older it doesn't get it's pipes cleaned as often as it use to.

Ken

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom