Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trunk Popper

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
I wanted to say again how cool the trunk popper is. I have had the same problem with my trunk as many of you-it doesn't want to pop open far enough to get a finger under it.

I ordered the trunk popper (about $17 including shipping) and installed it in under a minute. Problem solved! This simple spring works great and looks like a factory part.

BTW: I tried the other remidies first like lubricating the lift rods, etc.

This is the easiest 'mod' I've ever done.

J

I wanted to say again how cool the trunk popper is. I have had the same problem with my trunk as many of you-it doesn't want to pop open far enough to get a finger under it.

I ordered the trunk popper (about $17 including shipping) and installed it in under a minute. Problem solved! This simple spring works great and looks like a factory part.

BTW: I tried the other remidies first like lubricating the lift rods, etc.

This is the easiest 'mod' I've ever done.

J
I second that !!:):) The popper installed as promised and works extremely well. The only thing that was easier was a certain persons cup holder. No tools required for that.

What's a trunk popper and where do you get it?

What's a trunk popper and where do you get it?

I'm not sure if I am allowed to put a link here. Search Google for C5TrunkPopper.

It is a spring that is made to install on your trunk lid and it makes the trunk lid pop uop as it is supposed to.

I second that !!:):) The popper installed as promised and works extremely well. The only thing that was easier was a certain persons cup holder. No tools required for that.

Ooooh tell me about the cup holder.:blue:

I'm not sure if I am allowed to put a link here. Search Google for C5TrunkPopper.

It is a spring that is made to install on your trunk lid and it makes the trunk lid pop uop as it is supposed to.

Google didn't return anything about a C5TrunkPopper. ?

:w I thought I'd point out ... We have a section further down in the forums that is titled "PRODUCT REVIEWS" It sounds to me like the "Trunk Popper" should be added ;)

There is a section for member additions and reviews.. :upthumbs
It's always nice to hear something is worth getting and works as advertised :beer

Bud

:w I thought I'd point out ... We have a section further down in the forums that is titled "PRODUCT REVIEWS" It sounds to me like the "Trunk Popper" should be added ;)

There is a section for member additions and reviews.. :upthumbs
It's always nice to hear something is worth getting and works as advertised :beer

Bud

How do you add a review? I see now means to do it. This would go into the Body & Trim? You are right in that this would be useful. My final decision to replace my Gs-D3s with the same came after reading Hib's review here.:D

How do you add a review? I see now means to do it. This would go into the Body & Trim? You are right in that this would be useful. My final decision to replace my Gs-D3s with the same came after reading Hib's review here.:D

Bonnell,
When you go to the Product Reviews section of CAC, it does work a bit differently than the forums. You have to click on "Upload Products" in the highlighted banner right under the Ad. This will take you to a screen that rather redundantly says "Product Reviews Product Review" and will have a pull down menu where you select the category. In this case, I would agree with you that Body Parts and Trim would be the most appropriate place to put your review.

Click Submit, and it will take you to a screen where you can write your product review and post pictures.
:)

-Patrick

Bonnell,
When you go to the Product Reviews section of CAC, it does work a bit differently than the forums. You have to click on "Upload Products" in the highlighted banner right under the Ad. This will take you to a screen that rather redundantly says "Product Reviews Product Review" and will have a pull down menu where you select the category. In this case, I would agree with you that Body Parts and Trim would be the most appropriate place to put your review.

Click Submit, and it will take you to a screen where you can write your product review and post pictures.
:)

-Patrick

Thanks Patrick. I have added the product along with my review.

I guess I'm lucky, mine still pops up all by itself.:D That's a pretty cool idea though.

- Eric:w

Without further ado...

Trunk Popper Review!

Thanks Bonnell for taking the time and effort to express your opinion of the Trunk Popper for the C5 HardTop and Convertibles ;) :upthumbs

Bud

WHEN it gets here, that will be one of the first things I'll check :D ...

Bud

WHEN it gets here, that will be one of the first things I'll check :D ...

Bud

Bud,

What in the world has been holding up delivery of your 50th??

Elaine

Bud,

What in the world has been holding up delivery of your 50th??

Elaine

Weather, Weather... then InterCity was contracted to haul 200+ cars to Scottsdale for some big Auction they're having down there :chuckle . Now it looks like the WEATHER AGAIN! :cry

Deep Breath, Exhale... Count to 10... then !@#$!@@#$!@#$!~@#$$!@#$...

Bud

Once in a while mine pops up high enough to reach under, once it came up about half way. I thought it was a Florida car reacting to colder temperatures - the gas in the struts having compressed or something. I was going to replace the struts in the Spring. Would that help? Would the extra pressure of the popper when the lid is closed have an effect on the structure over time?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom