Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

turn signal problems

J

johndavid

I have a 2000 c5 and occasionally my turn signals just stop working. I play with the switches but that does not seem to help. If I stop the car and start it again everything is fine. It has happened twice in the last two weeks, once on a 2500 mile trip. I am afraid that taking it to the shop will end in frustation, any ideas? I am mystified.

Hey John, any trouble with your interior gauge lights as well? I lost my turn signals, interior gauge lights and exterior running lights a while back. Ended up needing the whole turn signal stalk replaced. Make sure you check things like fuses and bulbs first. I hope it turns out to be something simple.

Turn signal problems

My turn signals acted the same as yours, and then they just stopped. I went to my dealer and was told that I needed anew turn signal switch, which had to be special ordered. The technician gave me temporary fix{which is still working} and ordered the part. The part is in but I can't find the time to get it installed. I will try next week. The part # 10359036. I hope this helps you out

Same thing happens to my 2001 and I found out that it is likely the hazzard switch/relay located behind the hazzard push button. It requires some dismantling of the dash to replace.

Wayne

HI there,
Cycle your hazard switch a few times and then see if they work correctly.
Allthebest, c4c5

If that does fix the problem, what is the permanent fix? Thanks.

If that works the fix is to replace the hazzard flasher and the relay which are located behind the hazzard activation button. It will require the dash to be lifted you can get to the flasher and relay through the radio hole after the radio comes out but you can't get to the top clip that holds all in just the bottom one. Good luck.

Wayne

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom