Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

turning off airbag

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
ok this is a camaro question but Im sure someone here has a idea how to do this ... I need to shut the passeger side air bag off in my 97 camaro so my kid can ride in the front seat I asked chevrolet and they said it cant be done and its illegal- but Ive seen other cars where they use there ignition keys to shut the thing off so Im thinking GM is just beating around the bush with me

thanks

You can disarm it by unplugging it, but it will cause a trouble code light to stay lit on the dash.

And or, put a toggle switch in it. However, even after you reconnect it, the system will remember and store the fault code via a check light on the dash until it is erased. You can't erase it by simply un hooking the battery either.

chris

will this void any warranty, will the other bag inflate with the other disconnected, would a toggle switch keep the srs light to stay off

Bzzztttttttt

Wrong answer.

DONT DO IT!

The SIR system has a precision resistor value which the SIR system looks for on startup.

IF you could calculate the value...you MIGHT be able to fool the system. Within 1 %

BUT

If you use an ohm meter.....
AND
Bypass the shorting bars.....

The BAG WILL DEPLOY!
DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS!!!!!!

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom