Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TV Cable Replacement

vetteboy86

Corvette
1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"
I'm going to replace mine due to stretching. I have never done this before, and was curios if anyone had tips or sources to help. I have not found much in my FSM about replacement.

Thanks,

Craig

I'm going to replace mine due to stretching. I have never done this before, and was curios if anyone had tips or sources to help. I have not found much in my FSM about replacement.

Thanks,

Craig

Have you tried adjusting it first? I can't imagine it stretching that much that you would have to replace, but it is possible.

CG

It was stretched so far, that when I conducted the re-adjustment process the slider didn't ratchet out, when the throttle was cracked wide open. I put a cable end on,the screw type, and I don't care for the way it looks. The end of the cable is all frayed now.

It was stretched so far, that when I conducted the re-adjustment process the slider didn't ratchet out, when the throttle was cracked wide open. I put a cable end on,the screw type, and I don't care for the way it looks. The end of the cable is all frayed now.

Did you get a new cable yet?

FWIW- I still have one if you want it.

No I didn't. I still need to verify that the cable you have will fit. I think it will, but still have not verified the part numbers yet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom