Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TYRES vibrate, steering moves 1/16 to 1/4 inch

Well, I guess I could state the obvious, Have you had your alignment checked? And check the tires themselves for unusual wear and balance? I had some tires once (not on my Corvette) that did a similar thing. Ended up the tires themselves were the culprit. The inner plys would shift and throw things out of balance.

Yeah, that was my first reaction too: tire(s) out of balance. Could have been something as simple as you threw a weight off the rim...

If you have front end vibration with the steering wheel vibrating laterally, first check the tires' dynamic balancee and then inspect the front suspension for worn parts.

All good advice that has been given. Another possibility, if you have aftermarket wheels, is that the clip installed at the factory on one of the wheel studs is still in place. It serves no purpose except to hold the rotor body snug as the vehicle moves down the line. With stock wheels it doesn't matter, because they are countersunk. However, most aftermarket wheels have a flat surface on the back. As a result, if that clip is still there, the wheel will wobble slightly.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom