Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

U intrersted in a C1 & C2 Gathering at Corvette Funfest in Sept 2017

Mike Terry

Corvette
63 SWC and 67 Coupe F/S 54 Corvette NFS
I think that a good place to have a C1 & C2 get together would be in central Illinois because it is kind of centrally located from North to South and kind of from East to West and there still be a Corvette Event going on. The event for anyone who has never been is Corvette Funfest at Mid America Motorworks in Effingham IL. it is held on there company grounds. The event is held from Thursday Sept. 14th thru Sunday the 17th. This year there theme is the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Corvette. They are going to have on display one 1967 Corvette Coupe and Convertible of each color so they will have 20 1967 Corvettes on display all weekend. Along with that there are several other things to do and see while there. Concert on Sat. night, Fun Run Road Trip on Thursday late afternoon, goody bags for all who register, plus 10 percent off of any item you buy that weekend there on ground entertainment, clothing style show for the ladies, vendors, door prizes and plenty of give away items. There is also food vendors on site all weekend and they have great food. Here is a link to the Corvette Funfest link where you would register for the weekend, it is $25.00. On Saturday evening you can stay on the grounds and have dinner for $7.00 or $8.00 before the concert begins so you do not have to leave and come back and try to find a place to eat and return and find a place to park again. http://registration.corvettefunfest.com/default.aspx
and here is a link to local Hotels and Motels that you will want to contact right away and get your room. Corvette Funfest
Now I stay at what is now the Best Western and if you want to stay there there number is 217-342-5050 and you must ask for (Mia) rooms will be from $139.00 to $159.00 depending what room you would like. As of right now (I just got off the phone with Mia there are 20 rooms left and I have blocked them for us and there may be some rooms come open a little later, maybe. There is a POOL at the Hotel and a nice Steak House 50 years from Hotel. The Hotel also supplies rags and water hose to wash your car if you wish to. Please tell (MIA) that your room is with the Corvette Forum Group that she is holding a 20 room block of rooms for. As of right now last I heard there are about 10 rooms left.
So if you are wanting to meet face to face other C1 and C2 Corvette members at a gathering the Corvette Funfest this September is where we will meet. I am looking forward to meeting other members face to face. I will setup a special parking spot at Corvette Funfest if you would like so all of us can be together. Just let me know if this is something you would like. Hope to see you on September 14th thru September 17 at Corvette Funfest in Effingham IL. if you have any questions about rooms please ask MIA or questions about Funfest ask them when you register or e-mail me at mikes54vet@aol.com and use subject C1 & C2 Gathering or call me at 317-945-5121. Please post on here if you are coming and that you have made reservations so we will know how many members have registered to be there for the fun weekend.
yesnod.gif
Also if you are staying at the Best Western please let us know also so we will know how many members will be there.
yesnod.gif

If for some reason (Mia) is not in or off work for the day or weekend ask to leave her a message on her Voice Mail and just tell here you are with the Corvette Forum Group or Corvette Action Center and ask if she would call you back as soon as she could to book your room at the Best Western Hotel. I have found out in years past from going to any big event, Corvette or otherwise that it is easier to book a room now and if for some reason I would have to cancel I could do that at a later date then to try to find a room at the last minute and have to get a room 20 or 30 or more miles away and pay a lot more then booking your room now. Looking forward to seeing a group of members there. The sooner I know about how many will be attending the sooner I can let Mid America know how big of a group or club parking area we will need.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom