Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: un-hooking smog crap on 1982 L83

Since you ditched the emission stuff, might as well loose the cat and ECM. Put on a regular Qjet and distributor. Get your initial timing up to as much as your engine w/ tolerate and curve your dist. so that mech. advance is all in around 2,500 to 3,000. Without cam and higher CR, that's about all I can think of. Make sure your coil and plug wires are good. My $.02 ;)

Hi, I have been reading this post for 82 vette. So basically if your having headaches with the crossfire set and ECM, emissions and all the electronic fuel injection. You can just basically remove all this, and install a normal intake manifold and place a decent carb on top with a new igintion/distrbutor?

Jeff,
I was wandering if you could do me a favor. I have a black 1980, but I have always liked the hood on the 79. The scoop/middle is a bit higher and in my opinion looks better, or lets say it looks BAD. I have been thinking about swapping, and I have found a used one locally, OEM.
Could you possibly send me several picks of your car highlighting the hood. If not possible, no problem. If you can let me know and I'll give you my email.
Great looking car!
Glenn
PM Sent to you Glenn...

Since you ditched the emission stuff, might as well loose the cat and ECM. Put on a regular Qjet and distributor. Get your initial timing up to as much as your engine w/ tolerate and curve your dist. so that mech. advance is all in around 2,500 to 3,000. Without cam and higher CR, that's about all I can think of. Make sure your coil and plug wires are good. My $.02 ;)
Also, install headers with custom exhaust if you decide to ditch the cat.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom