Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Under Hood Light

clydeyb

Corvette
2001 Light Pewter Coupe, Auto
Hi,
I am working out some bugs in my C5 I just bought. The light under the hood did not work. The connector that connects the under the hood light was corroded and appeared to have burnt pin, and one was broken. I replaced the connector, put in a new bulb and it still does not work. There is no voltage getting to the light box anywhere. There appears not to be a fuse just for that light. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look next. I do not have a FSM yet.
Thank you for any suggestions!

Hi,
I am working out some bugs in my C5 I just bought. The light under the hood did not work. The connector that connects the under the hood light was corroded and appeared to have burnt pin, and one was broken. I replaced the connector, put in a new bulb and it still does not work. There is no voltage getting to the light box anywhere. There appears not to be a fuse just for that light. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look next. I do not have a FSM yet.

There must be a fuseable link as I run a jumper from the positive lead of the battery to where the positive 12v should be and the light lights. Anyone know where that fuseable link for the engine hood light might be? All other electrical items in the car seem to work fine.

One side question when you get in the car should the ignition key switch area light so you can see where to put the key in the dark???? I had a hard time finding the ignition in the dark??????????

I was thinking GMJunkie might jump in here with some ideas. I'm at work right now, but I could check my FSM later and see if I could figure it out for you.

I was thinking GMJunkie might jump in here with some ideas. I'm at work right now, but I could check my FSM later and see if I could figure it out for you.

Thank you for any help! I was reading my owners manual and noticed there is a fuse that in is line with a relay that turns off power to a few places which includes the under hood light in the advent a light stays on and after a certain time period cuts out so your battery doesn't drain. I also am at work right now so I will check it when i get home but I am curious what fuse, fuseable link, or whatever might be in that line, that the under hood light reports to. If you happen to look at that info please let me know. Thanks again!

Hi,

The corroded connector you referred to, is it the one that is anchored to the right frame rail down by the radiator support? Mine has a habit of coming apart at that point. I had to do a little minor surgery to get it to stay together.

Thank you for any help! I was reading my owners manual and noticed there is a fuse that in is line with a relay that turns off power to a few places which includes the under hood light in the advent a light stays on and after a certain time period cuts out so your battery doesn't drain. I also am at work right now so I will check it when i get home but I am curious what fuse, fuseable link, or whatever might be in that line, that the under hood light reports to. If you happen to look at that info please let me know. Thanks again!

I asked this question on the other forums for a friend who was having same issues with the light. The possible fuse locations were no. 2 or no. 6. I pass it on for what its worth. My friend has not come back to me as to what he found yet. Good Luck.

Thanks everyone. I think it was the number 2. All is well now!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom