Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Underhood label???

WLS Ruby 93

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Coupe
I am missing the label under the hood on the top of the inner fender wall on the driver's side. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement?

Thanks. :w

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

I've used this company lately and they send you back a better than new lable.

www.ecsvin.com

Thanks for the tip but these guys want $125 for one label .... I think not.

The label is for Vehicle Emission Control Information. If some with a 1998 coupe would take a close-up digital photo of theirs for me then send it by email I could make my own. The photo only needs to be about 2-3 Mega Pixels in quality and sent as a JPeg file.

I took a picture of my neighbor's 2003 label and made a "Practice label" with it and we can hardly tell the difference. I can't use the practice label because the labelling is year specific.

I used the close-up setting on my camera and did not use the flash but was mindful of natural light reflections off of the original when taking the photo. It came out pretty good see below.

100_6655.jpg

So far my car has won two trophies at recent local car shows and no one noticed the missing label ...... yet.

Thanks, I hope someone can help me out.

Keep 'em rollin'. :W

Bill

Bill, The emission label is still available from GM Dealer. I checked the part number on GM parts direct. I could be wrong.... I used the 03 label number. Try and get a 1998 number and check with GM Dealer. Might still be available, you never know. Good Luck.

GM PART # 12564047
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $24.30
OUR PRICE: $14.63

Thanks for the tip but these guys want $125 for one label .... I think not.

The label is for Vehicle Emission Control Information. If some with a 1998 ...................
Thanks, I hope someone can help me out.

Keep 'em rollin'. :W

Bill

Bill, will a 1998 convertible do? ;)

Okay... it's dark and lighting is poor. These were the best I can get tonight. If you can wait a day, I'll shoot it again in different lighting conditions tomorrow (direct sunlight, shade, etc.) and see if I can get you a decent image.

:wJane Ann

IMG_1088_2.jpg IMG_1089_2.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Label

Jane Ann,

Thanks for the pictures. I printed one out and it's pretty good but if you take another be sure to have the camera placed directly over the label to avoid distortion and reflection as much as possible. I can use a photo program to darken or brighten it within reason.

If it is too much trouble for another shot then these will do.

Many thanks for the help.

George, thanks for the dealer lead.

Bill :w

Update: I've taken several more photos in daylight and to be honest, the nighttime photos with flash turned out better, I think.

Here's a compilation of today's shots in daylight, some with flash, some without, some normal setting, some Macro:

attachment.php

No matter where I position the camera, something is going to be washed out or reflect light.

And nighttime shots present a challenge too, the reason they're angled (and thus distorted) is because a shot taken from directly overhead has a huge flash reflection in the center of it.

Your best bet may be to order a replacement from a dealer.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, Bill.
:wJane Ann

Labels

Jane Ann,

You are the best, thank you for all your help.

I will be able to make a "Good enough" copy from all that you sent.

Keep 'em rollin':W

Under hood label

Jane Ann,

Thanks again for the photos of the label.

Here is a picture of how my homemade model came out. I will bet that if I don't say anything or point to it no one will ever know the difference.

New label 1.jpg

Keep 'em rollin' :W

Bill, that looks pretty good to me. It would fool many people.

C5

Bill, That emission label looks Great ! Looks factory to me. That was really nice of Jane Ann giving you the original to copy. Love all Corvettes. :thumb

Label

Bill, That emission label looks Great ! Looks factory to me. That was really nice of Jane Ann giving you the original to copy. Love all Corvettes. :thumb

Thanks.

I love all Corvettes also, but it's the great people that own them that really make the cars special.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom