Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Unknown red indicator on center console..what is it?

LOCKJAW

This is my first use of this forum as I am a new member. I bought a 1990 base coupe L98 auto two weeks ago and am still learning and exploring. I purchased an owners manual and Haynes manual to familiarize myself. I am unable to find any info on a very small red indicator light mounted on my center console between the two power seat controls. I have not seen it light up and haven't a clue what it is for. Any help would be appreciated. So far, I am loving this totally stock unmolested Vette. Any clues or guesses?

James

Last edited:
This is my first use of this forum as I am a new member. I bought a 1990 base coupe L48 auto two weeks ago and am still learning and exploring. I purchased an owners manual and Haynes manual to familiarize myself. I am unable to find any info on a very small red indicator light mounted on my center console between the two power seat controls. I have not seen it light up and haven't a clue what it is for. Any help would be appreciated. So far, I am loving this totally stock unmolested Vette. Any clues or guesses?

James

Post a picture.

It could be from an aftermarket alarm.

This car is totally stock and unmolested. No aftermarket alarm. I will be replacing Bose stuff, so when I lift up center console I will try to ID the wires connected to the light and see where they lead.

If you are working on the car yourself, use your Haynes book to line your hatbox and then purchase a Factory Service Manual for your model year.

Haynes manuals for Corvettes are woefully inadequate in detailed information and have a lot of inaccurate information.

There is no "red indicator" light in the console, between the power seat switches on a '90. Whatever it is, it was added by a previous owner and there likely is some aftermarket electronic device in the car somewhere or (was in the car) associated with that light.

I agree that the Haynes manual is best suited for house training puppies. Very disappointing. I will solve the mystery soon. No clue as to what it could be. I am no stranger to Chevys and hotrods but this is my first Vette. I am enjoying going over it and making sure everything is okay. I appreciate your reply.
James

I put a fan switch in my old 85 also,no light tho.I dont think I relayed that to the buyer.

I bought a C4 last fall...1994. I have the exact same red light in the exact same place. I have torn my owner's manual apart trying to figure out what it is. Seriously driving me nuts 😡. Hellllppp.

I have the exact same red light in the exact same place. I have torn my owner's manual apart trying to figure out what it is. Seriously driving me nuts .

You're asking the same question. Are you expecting a different answer from the same question?

:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom