Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Upcomming projects

XS-Style

Corvette
1975 Stingray
Well, part of the job for the colder months is getting the new exhaust on. Ive got a nicer set of valve covers to go on, so while Im at it Im changing all the gaskets. This in addition to doing all the regular tune up things, and having the carb rebuilt. My question to everyone is "is there anything else you would do from the 'while Im at it' standpoint. My goal for the car has always been keeping it a nice driver. I dont plan on yanking the engine unless nessisary, and Id like to not do anything that couldnt be undone if I wanted to make it 100% stock again. At the same time, im not against improving performance. Anyone have any ideas?

Well, part of the job for the colder months is getting the new exhaust on. Ive got a nicer set of valve covers to go on, so while Im at it Im changing all the gaskets. This in addition to doing all the regular tune up things, and having the carb rebuilt. My question to everyone is "is there anything else you would do from the 'while Im at it' standpoint. My goal for the car has always been keeping it a nice driver. I dont plan on yanking the engine unless nessisary, and Id like to not do anything that couldnt be undone if I wanted to make it 100% stock again. At the same time, im not against improving performance. Anyone have any ideas?

Lube
Oil
Filter

Since you asked :D

having all the "Go Power" in the world, "Stopping", one forgets ;)
having all the "Go Power" in the world, "Steering", one forgets ;)

Here's a little list of items you may want to take a look at and are fairly easy to do or take care of now or during the winter down time :D
  • Check Brake disc pads, replace if needed.
  • Drain Brake Fluid and put ALL new fluid in, following proper proceedures.
  • Drain Power Steering (check for leaks, repair) drain fluid and replace.
  • Rear End fluid drain and replace, be sure to add GM Posi Additive with fluid change.
  • Transmission oil change.. (Automatic or Standard *4 or *6 Speed) check owners manual and AIM for qty, and proceedure)
  • Good time to check out the windshield wiper system, repair washing system and fill ;)
  • Drain and flush Radiator, use correct/recommended anti-freeze mixtures.
  • Detail the interior and hunt down that rattle that drives you crazy :W
That should keep you busy for a couple of weekends :D and provide some bonding time between you two ;)

We haven't even mentioned the suspension... :eek :boogie :chuckle

Above all enjoy because the rewards are more fun :Steer

Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom