Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

UPDATE: Engine stain "AFTER" pictures

Jay,
WOW, what a difference! :_rock

Must have been a lot of Hard Work! :cry

Now, that LT5 looks like it was New.

:cool But don't you dare stop driving it now for fear of getting it dirty. :L

_ken :w

Jay,
I'm not only impressed with the difference it made, but HOW THE HECK did you reproduce almost the same shots.. you must be about as anual about details and records keeping as me.. . .. :L :L :L

It looks squeeky clean, .. your hard work paid off.. . .please don't tell me you remembered all the same exact shots ~before & after~

BudD:D
:w

Rare81 said:
Jay,
.. . .please don't tell me you remembered all the same exact shots ~before & after~

:L :L
No Bud, I didn't remember any angles. I printed out a copy of all the thumnails of the before shots and took them outside with me when I shot the new photos :D
I wanted to get the angles close so the differences would be easier to point out

Jay

You YOUNG SLY Dog you... :L :L

Notice my spelling on the rearend word... hehehehehe got the point across without being censored....

Thanks for letting us know how you did it .. you SLY Dog you...
Bud

Jay,

I just finished cleaning my LT-5 last weekend. I thought that it looked real nice until I saw your pictures. Your "before" pictures look better than mine even after I cleaned it! Your "after" pictures look great.

Trevor
'91 White/Red

Thanks for the compliment Trevor. What did you use to clean yours?

Jay

Jay,

My engine was very dirty so I just sprayed Simple Green on rags to clean it. It did good job of removing the dirt without discoloring the paint. When I pull the plenum this winter I will try using the polish as you suggested.

Trevor
'91 White/Red

Cool....Let me know how pulling the plenum goes......doing mine soon as well :)

Jay

Jay,
Hope you take some "Good Pictures" when you pull that Plenum for the rest of us. :D :D :D :D

You know it Gordy :D......it's going to be sometime after the holidays

Jay

WOW! Looks brand new, Jay. Amazing what you can do with 130 cotton swabs when you set your mind to it. :) Terrific Job! :)

Patti

Jay

How is the Turtle Wax compared to using the Extreme polish that others have used? Have you had any experience with the Extreme polish at all? I have heard a lot on Extreme polish but never had to use it, luckily my engine don’t have much stains, but my friend’s does have a few stains which he asked me about cleaning some of the stains on what to use.

Thanks

Jay, I was talking with my mechanic the other day when he brought in an LT-5 intake that had just been polished. Of course I thought of you immediately. Sho' was purty! :gap

_ken :w

SPEEDEMON said:
Jay

How is the Turtle Wax compared to using the Extreme polish that others have used? Have you had any experience with the Extreme polish at all? I have heard a lot on Extreme polish but never had to use it, luckily my engine don’t have much stains, but my friend’s does have a few stains which he asked me about cleaning some of the stains on what to use.

Thanks

Art,
I don't have any experience with the Extreme Metal Polish at all. Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone's motor who's used it either so it's hard to make a comparison. I'm sure they both are probably very similiar except you won't have to order the Turtle Wax rubbing compund. Any local auto store should have it for only a couple bucks. The only thing with your friend's car is that once he does a little spot, he might have to do the whole motor because the rubbing compund gets rid of the oxidation and really brings out the true color of the plenum. Hope this helps.

Jay

These are the type of pics that make me want to go out and buy my own ZR1. I shaked my piggy bank though, and it's not rattling. Hmmm.... must've been all those Christmas gifts. Jay, you get the 'ol :upthumbs for an outstanding job. Imagine if you had it polished by a grinder to aluminum perfection! :cool --Bullitt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom