Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Update: Recent Fill-Up/Bad Gas—Maybe??

Donne Trav

Corvette
1994 Blk/Blk
A recent Thread of mine on the subject of my '94 cutting back upon
acceleration after filling up with Shell gasoline that may be contaminated (water, etc.) and trying to rid the problem by adding Seafoam, Valvoline Gas Treatment, Heet, etc. At that time there was maybe a little over a 1/2 tank of gas. These did not seem solve the problem. As a matter of fact, it got worse. So thinking I may have over done it with the additives, I topped it off with 93 Octane Chevron, hoping to dillute the the additives. This past weekend, I took the car for a drive around the Capital Beltway here in the D.C., Md., Va. area to blow it out & rid the "bad" gas. By the end of the trip it seemed a lot better. Now I'm down to 3 bars/reserve, and its appears to be the worst of all—really riding rough the whole trip. I'm hoping its because of the remaining contaminates in proportion to the remaining fuel before I go on to the more difficult and timely ways of ridding this problem. Keep in mind, I replaced the Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter and Fuel Pressure Regulator this past mid-summer. Please, I need your input & advice to help solve this aggravating problem. ;help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom