Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Upper A-Arm Ball joint

78 Shark

Hello All,
I have recently removed my upper a-arms and ground the rivets off to replace the ball joints. The ball joints I received from Volunteer Vette have larger bolts than the holes originally for the rivets. Should I drill the holes in the A-arms to accomode the slightly larger bolts?
Thanks, 78 Shark

Hello All,
I have recently removed my upper a-arms and ground the rivets off to replace the ball joints. The ball joints I received from Volunteer Vette have larger bolts than the holes originally for the rivets. Should I drill the holes in the A-arms to accomode the slightly larger bolts?
Thanks, 78 Shark
Yep!!:thumb Thats purdy common with replacement ball joints!!:beer

yes drill them out but be sure you have good joints, especially the lowers. The uppers last a lot longer then the lowers and lot of "kits" on the market have imported cheap joints and they have been failing in as little as 1k miles. Look this up on the various forums, about a year ago this was a big problem and I doubt it's changed much. I use only MOOG parts but they are also the most expensive.

Thanks

Hey GTR1999 and gmjunkie,
Thanks for the info, I wasnt sure whether the ball joints were even the right one with larger bolts. I dirll them out and a great fit. Thanks again.
78 Shark

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom