Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

UPS just came!!

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
twice - one regular truck and one big truck! Its like Christmas only I had to buy it! lol.

The engine, manifold, camshaft and tranny all came on the same day. how cool is that! And just so happens I am home sick. Both drivers brought the stuff right into the garage :)

Yah! :beer

now for the waiting part. I hate waiting. Fiance says he will do the work in the spring... :-(
Poor guy only has like a zillion projects including his Firebird frame off restoration- I try and help but aside from using the bench grinder, sanding stuff and finding tools, I am not much help.

I am so excited about driving the car :) and I really want to take it to Carlisle this year!

the cool thing about our UPS driver is that he has a Silver Anniversary...every time he delivers he has to know what i got, he has even bought parts i have replaced that he delivered!
Great news:upthumbs

Thanks, its like Christmas Eve waiting for Rick to get home!

Lori,

Congratulations on the goodies!! You'll have it all ready for a great trip to Carlisle in August! :D

Elaine

I am so excited about driving the car :) and I really want to take it to Carlisle this year!

Awesome.... look forward to seeing it at Carlisle!

:w

well in true Lori style, there had to be a problem :-((

Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown and this time UPS held the football.

The tranny is cracked. UPS unloaded it and it seemed fine, the box wasn't damaged. I work for a small company that uses UPS all the time so I know to look for a damaged box.

Anyway, Rick came home and opened up the engine and that is going to be SWEET! Packing nicely and on a mini wooden crate.
The tranny was packed inside of a plastic tote in a box surrounded with popcorn and bubble wrap. Rick is guessing that UPS must have rolled the thing at some point as he said the tranny was upside down and he cant imagine the guy would have packed a tranny like that and the top of the box was marked TOP in many places. So we have to call the guy tomorrow. I didn't sign anything and even if i had opened it I couldn't have turned it over to see the crack.

What a drag huh? $1300+ dollars for that and I think its a combo of mistakes, I think he should have shrink wrapped the tranny to a pallet and I think UPS should have not knocked the thing around :-(

But the engine and heads are awesome!!

Glad to hear the good news about the engine!!!!! :upthumbs

sorry to hear about the tranny though....:ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom