Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Upshift Light

warp8

Anyone know what controls the Upshift light or where it is in the FSM.

It is staying on all the time in my 86.

Anyone know what controls the Upshift light or where it is in the FSM.

It is staying on all the time in my 86.

Wow Eddie, my upshift light is sporadic, like my MPG guage, I figured they were tied together somehow.
Tom

Well

Today, I drove it and the light stayed out. Just a gremlin I guess.

It's baaaack!

Intermittently with no rhyme or reason. I am running a pcmforless chip. I may put the stock chip back in to see if that is the cause.

It's baaaack!

Intermittently with no rhyme or reason. I am running a pcmforless chip. I may put the stock chip back in to see if that is the cause.

I'm surprised that we havent had any of our "C4 techno-wizards" jump in and tell us how we can go about trouble-shooting this thing.

Tom

I am a little surprised myself. I am going to pull the unit out again and make sure its nothing that I did to it when I replaced the bulbs.

I don't know for sure but it is my guess that the ecm controlls the shift light.
If I get some time I will look it up in my Helms.

Glenn
:w

I think you're right. I removed the unit today and dissassembled it and everything seems OK. Didn't start till I changed the chip.

I may be talking about something diff. now that I look at the post closer. I was thinking about the 1 to 4 shift light on the six speed. That also only allows a shift from 1 to 4.

Glenn

I may be talking about something diff. now that I look at the post closer. I was thinking about the 1 to 4 shift light on the six speed. That also only allows a shift from 1 to 4.

Glenn

No sweat! Mine is an Auto.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom