Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

US COrvettes

Bwmurph

Corvette
'59 Blk/Red, '12 Crystal Red GS
Hello All,

I'm a C-1 guy who's looking at several C-3's ('69 - '72) with the intent of purchasing one. Has anyone got anything, good or bad, to say about the people at US Corvettes in Huntington Beach, CA ?

ANy comments would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Bernie O.

WOW !!! Thanks for the heads up ! How can this guy still be in business ?

Now onto the next bunch - Anything, good or bad about about Cn'V Corvettes in AZ ??

I got a feeling this is going to be a lot harder than I thought !

Thanks again,

Bernie O.

Man, this is getting depressing ! Are there any good dealers out there ?

And don't talk to me about the guy in OH; already have heard too many horror stories about him !

Guess I might be better off in the private sector.

Thanks again,

Bernie O.

Can anybody recommend a good used Corvette dealer ?

Although I have never dealt with them, GSDiva, one of CAC's moderators, works for these guys. You can send GSDiva a PM and probably get some of your questions answered.

Sales
Corvette Mike New England

Toll-free: 877-427-8388
Cell: 617-872-8252

"Corvette Mike New England"

Hello All,

I'm a C-1 guy who's looking at several C-3's ('69 - '72) with the intent of purchasing one. Has anyone got anything, good or bad, to say about the people at US Corvettes in Huntington Beach, CA ?

ANy comments would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Bernie O.
Bernie, you might want to try http://www.rogerscorvette.com/cars.php
and check him out from time to time. Currently he has only a 74 in the C3 catagory, but send him an e-mail telling him what you're looking for and I'll bet he finds you exactly what you want. I've been to his place in Florida twice, and ALL of his cars are TOP SHELF. You might pay a little more from him, but you're getting only the best from what I see. Good luck............
Andy :w

Used Corvette dealers are first and foremost used car lots. They are in business to sell the most cars for the most money that they can. They don't give away anything. You can buy a good used Corvette from a dealer with a bad reputation and also get a bad car from the dealer that has the best reputation. There is no way that a car dealer can know everything that is wrong with every car on their lot. More often than not they will only know what the person they aquired the car from told them and what they have found since. I'm not nieve enough to think that a '71 BB with 82,000 miles has only been driven to church by a little old lady over the last 36 years. That 4 bbl has spent a good amount of time wide open over the years. If the engine ect. has never been rebuilt it is close to needing it.

Here are a few rules for old Corvette shopping.

1. Check your emotions at the door and be prepared to walk away from any car no matter how much you think you just fell in love with it!!!

2. Do your research. Know what you are looking for and know what they are selling for nationally before you go to look at a car. Refuse to pay too much. They built these cars by the thousands. There are others out there. Refer to rule 1 above.

3. Enlist the help of a knowledgable Corvette person to help you check out a car. Even if you have been around Corvettes for years a second set of eyes that has nothing in the deal can see what you can't. Refer to rule 1 above.

4. Verbal agreements from a salesman are not worth the paper they aren't written on. They mean absolutely nothing. Get everything they agree to in writing otherwise you ain't getting it.

5. If you don't feel totally comfortable inspecting the car take it to a used car inspection service. Most cities have shops that do a thorough used car pre-purchase inspection for a fee. Even if it's a hundred or more it could save you thousands in the near future.

6. See if they offer a used car warranty. Read it carefully so you know what you are covered for, what the deductables are and what conditions need to be met. These are just used car repair insurance policies and they differ greatly. They can save you a fortune if the engine takes a dump and you bought the car "as is/ no warranty" which is usually the case.

7. Some speciality car dealers offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the car in a certain period of time. Get a copy of the agreement and read it before you hand over the check. Don't assume that this agreement or a used car warranty policy covers everything with no cost to you and you won't get your feelings hurt.

8. Remember that you are buying an old car that more than likely has seen it's share of spirited use. You have a right to expect a near perfect car when you buy that 2 year old Trailblazer for the wife to drive but don't expect the same thing with any old car unless you get it in writting from the seller.

9. See rule 1 above. You can make a wise and educated purchase from nearly anyone if you do your homework and stick to rule 1 above.

Tom

Can anybody recommend a good used Corvette dealer ?

Here's a couple good ones from the Forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1570105

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1359430&highlight=holt+auto+sales

I bought 2 Corvettes from Holt over the years. No problems and they have a nice showroom. They even let me use their lift to inspect the underbody. I have noticed that they are getting rather pricey these days.

Also bought a Pace Car from this place. NOT to be confused with "US Corvette". The owner was great to work with and REALLY knew his Corvettes. I would buy another from him.

http://www.usacorvette.com/

I bought a 68/427 a few months ago from Kasabian Motors in northern California, and I am very happy with the deal and the car. It is exactly as advertised.
I would recommmend them. The owners father was the old drag racer that was called Gas Rhonda...if you go back a ways. Not that it matters, but a fun bit of info if you are interested.
Good luck

Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate it. I'll look into some of the people you've recommended. Just disappointed about the car on the West Coast; looked like a nice car for the right price and was kind of looking forward to a cross country road trip by driving the car back here. Glad you guys gave me the heads up.

If anyopne knows of a nice C-3 chrome bumper car for sale (needs to be auto,with A/C and preferably ps, pw, tilt/tele; drop top would even be better).

thanks again,

Bernie O

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom