Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

US vs Canada C5s

pax

Corvette
79 - L82 Yellow, 2004 Black
Found a 2004 with low miles that came from California and I am wondering if there was any differences in the cars like emission standards etc.

Thanks, pax

Don't think there are any emissions differences. However, you may have some lighting issues from what I remember from previous threads.

when I worked for G.M. california cars got different cat. converters,thats all.:w

Canadian cars got the emissions equivalent of 49 state cars, but we have different lighting and bumper requirements. Some cars can be modified, some cannot as I remember it. Best look at the Transport Canada site to get the whole story.

All C5's can be modified at a good body shop familiar with the requirement .The cost can be in the $1,500 range .

Thanks guys,
This car has already been registered in Canada 2 years ago but it has a lien on it. Just another way life gets in the way of all our plans. Very nice black on black, no performance chips or any tinkering, and fairly basic. Still shopping in case this one falls through.
I have seen a few cars up here advertised as California cars so this input is good information.
pax

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom