Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

USA-1 license plate

I've never known that to be a factory nor dealer supplied item. I always just figured that was some aftermarket glitz.

I've never known that to be a factory nor dealer supplied item. I always just figured that was some aftermarket glitz.

I believe Chevy offered the USA-1 plates from 1969-71. These original plates had raised USA-1 (just like a real plate), metallic red and blue paint with round holes for the fasteners, and had brushed aluminum around the edge of the plate and letters. The aftermarket style plate has an all white background, the fastener holes are oblong, and the entire plate is flat.

I have the aftermarket plates. Call me cheap, but the "originals" (NOS) are around $50 - opposed to the whopping $8 I spent on mine!
:chuckle

WOW, are dealerships shady or what!! $50 for a license plate??? I bought one like in steelblue75's avatar in the late '70s for like 2 bucks. A friend of mine got one just like it for his truck last year from a Chevy parts catalog for $6.95, even showed me the mag. And yes, it is raised.

Craig

Back in 76, i bought a 78 vette and the dealer gave me a USA-1 plate with it. i no longer have the vette, but i still have the plate. i resently bought a plate from Ecklers or Corvette America, that looks similar, raised letters and all:beer

I have my original one from my 69 396 Chevelle. Didn't know it was worth anything. Cool.

..... screw the license-plate.....

1355p.gif

gimme the car!!!!!
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom