Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Used 12K LB 4 Post lift - good buy?

reidry

Corvette
1969 Coupe
I'm entertaining buying a used 4 post lift by Challenger (model 40EFX, ALI/ELI Certified), the unit retails for a little over 3K. It's less than 1 year old from a small transmission shop that has gone out of business.

My only reservation is it's a bit bigger than the "parking lifts" or smaller 9K 4 post units. About a foot wider and a foot longer. 11 wide x 17'7" long (plus approach ramps which would fall outside). My shop is 26 wide x 38 deep. Looks like it won't be too bad if I put it up near the 16x10 roll door.

Any thoughts? Advice?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

if its available at a good price ID grab it!
but Id have the local dealer un-install,transport,and re-install it even if that cost up to $1000, as its worth it in my opinion

I bought it for $2200 cash, original receipt showed $3798 before installation. The comprable Bend Pak sells as asedeals.com for $3040 (maybe $150 less, they are running a sale). Unit has Made in USA sticker (could be some Chinese components) and is ALI/ELI certified for 12,000 lb.

Overall length is 20' 4" including approach ramps. Runway surfaces are over 17 feet long and 7" in section height! All surfaces are in good shape, no rust on the entire lift. Was in a transmission shop that went into service May 1, 2005 and out of service November 19, 2005. Pulleys look like new, no galling on pulley shafts, cables have no freys or other deterioration. Approach ramps look like new including the little plastic bumper strip on the end.

I appreciate the concept of having a "pro" setup a piece of equipment, but I have a complete machine shop including Bridgeport 2J, Doall 2012 Bandsaw, Southbend Lathes - I have the heavy lift equipment and machine moving and installation experience so I prefer to do my own setup. Got it partially setup this evening, will be up and running tomorrow!

Ryan

Now ... next question. I've looked at the manuals for the 9K Bend Pak and the 12K Bend Pak - very similar construction to my Challenger. Does anyone see why I can't build a set of casters for my 12K that work just like the smaller 9K units? I'm going to bolt the lift down (not with redheads, but with a different flish fastener) but I want the flexibility to move the lift out if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom