Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

V.i.n.

G

gary b.

Doe's anyone know where i can get a replacement v.i.n. tag for my '78' ? when i bought it, it was missing. I have the title with the number on it, but i still would like a tag. Thanks Alot! gary.

missing vin tag

gary b.- I didn't know a car could be legally sold without a proper vin-tag in place.Here in PA I don't think it is possible. If you could duplicate any vin-tag you wanted wouldn't that open a can of worms?I'm curious to see how you make out on this.
My mechanic buddy told me the other day he went to Lancaster
to look at a used C3.He noticed the vin tag missing off the post.The owner says,here it is.He comes out with one of those stick on plastic tapes with a vin typed on it.My buddy laughed at him and walked away from that deal.

Dave

I thought so, too...

I thought vehicles couldn't legally be sold without a visible vin. I'm also certain it is illegal to alter vin's, just like odometers. Unfortunately I don't know how to advise you....

I also have a question regarding how the missing vin tag on your 78 became missing, but I am assuming you purchased it this way?

I thought they were molded into the window pillar frame molding, but I just checked mine and I see that the molding has a cut out section where the vin tag is displayed below.
I suppose it could have come loose and fell down the pillar?
I'm stumped.
Maybe you could check the vin on your paperwork with the corresponding numbers on the tranny and engine if they are original.
Silver

Gary,
Check with you local DMV to see what has to be done to make the car legal. Varies state by state. Will probably end up with a state issued VIN. Are you sure that title is for that car?

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom