Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vacuum line replacement

korvettekarl

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport 90 ZR1 57 Bel Air
I know there is a guy who sells a very acurate vacuum line replacement kit for C3s. Anybody know his email or web adress? Been looking and can't find it. Thanks.

Karl,

Do you mean a kit for hoses or solid vacuum lines? If hoses, there are many kits available. The least accurate is the Dr. Rebuild kit.

GerryLP:cool

If you want the correct color code along with the correct ID & OD hose sizes Dr. Rebuild has the only correct set and a great detailed installation diagram. Mid Amer. Zip, Ecklers, all use a very poor quality product with incorrect markings and hose sizes.
If anyone can point the way to another vendor that has a better quality kit please do so.
Brian

If you want the correct color code along with the correct ID & OD hose sizes Dr. Rebuild has the only correct set and a great detailed installation diagram. Mid Amer. Zip, Ecklers, all use a very poor quality product with incorrect markings and hose sizes.
If anyone can point the way to another vendor that has a better quality kit please do so.
Brian

Brian,

I agree with you on the hose types (ribbed vs. non-ribbed) for most of the hoses; however, some of the hoses do not nearly match. For example, the evaporative cannister hoses. The air cleaner hose (which is supposed to be a very smooth almost plastic-like hose in the L81) is completely wrong on the L81's, but the one they use works fine.

Also, the routing diagrams are wrong by their own admission. Read the way they were able to "prove" their case against Zip Products. I also routed IAW diagram, and it was not 100% accurate as per emissions label.

I don't doubt that perhaps some of their kits are accurate :upthumbs , but the color striping was not accurate (not to mention the hose connections) with my 25 year old hoses, and the hose texture also was not 100 % correct. This is probably where NOS parts and NCRS rules can give or take away a whole lot of points in scoring, generally speaking, but I am not even a member of NCRS. This is just the way I generally understand that realm of Corvette enthusiast.

GerryLP:cool

WOW! Thanks for the replies.

Brian

brian,
i agree completely. when i replaced the headlight vacuum lines with doc rebuild's complete kit it matched (both color stripping and hose types) perfectly. contrary to what some other's may thiink, the most accurate parts provider consistanly is doctor rebuild. he makes no excuses and describes his parts accurately. even if it is a repro (for non NCRS applications) you can bet it will be accurate and correct. i've never had a problem with them in any of my dealings.

Thanks. I placed my order with the Doc this morning.

I also used doc rebuild hoses, and everything worked great. Also has a great diagram with hoses.

...Mid Amer. Zip, Ecklers, all use a very poor quality product with incorrect markings and hose sizes....

Can't speak for Mid-America or Eckler's, but I got the hose kit for my '68 from ZIP. The quality was acceptable. All hoses were correctly coded and and ribbed. I had no problems with the exception of length. I trimmed a little off the ends of a couple to make the installation a little neater.

I used the AIM for correct routing.

They've been on the car going on ten years; still look good and none leak.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom