Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: vacuum lines on an edelbrock carb

weegie

Corvette
1969 t-top, black, 4spd
I installed a new 1406 edelbrock and ran my distributor vacuum to the left port (passenger side of carb ) the pcv hose to the middle port and manifold vacuum to the right port.Car started perfectly but headlights and wiper gate not happy. No issues before with the holley set up. No leaks that i can hear and idle seems good.Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Lou

I don't remember when I had my Edelbrock carb which port was what,but it sounds like you used the ported vacuum port instead of the manifold vacuum port on the carb. The ported vacuum will not have vacuum at idle and could be the cause your headlight problems.

Vacuum advance on passanger side is right. I would block drivers side vacuum lines at carb and line and try the headlights. The headlights are run off the vacuum port at the rear of the intake manifold. If the headlights work there is a vacuum leak in the lines connected to drivers side of the carb or some other place. Start disconnecting and blocking lines that are connected to drivers side port until you find the leak. These should all be emission hoses and easy to reach and see. If you have a vacuum gage to check the lines all the better. If there is no leak you need to check the rest to the vacuum lines. Good luck.

vacuum lines

The vacuum connection for the headlights is off the manifold, not the carb.

Thanks guys for the info. The port on my intake did take care of my vacuum issue . Headlighs and lift gate are happy again. The Vacuum lines for my headlights have always been on the carb but the holley had a much bigger port and more vacuum pull.That doesnt mean it was right, it just worked . Bought the car 3 yrs ago and have found many things not quite right.Alot of things happen to cars over a 43 year period. Thanks again....................Lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom