Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Value of 81's?????

I just bought my 81 with 88,000 miles and 4speed for 5k it runs strong. The exterior had just been painted and I just finished installing new carpet, seats, door panels, arm rest and other misc interior parts as of right now I got 6,600 in her as of today. I'm sure that will change:)

I just bought my 81 with 88,000 miles and 4speed for 5k it runs strong. The exterior had just been painted and I just finished installing new carpet, seats, door panels, arm rest and other misc interior parts as of right now I got 6,600 in her as of today. I'm sure that will change:)

Your ahead of the game. You won't be in trouble till you catch the dreaded "whileI'matIt"s." Then your done.:L

So why don't you go buzz the C2 or C5 forum? What's your point of commenting here if you don't have an L81? Just to cause contention? Seems it to me.

Yes, just to cause contention. Are you saying that because I don't have a c3, I can't comment? Much less an L-81? I don't have a c2 either, so why should I "buzz" them? If I did "buzz" them, I would also comment on something that I thought was interesting, or in your case, funny. By the way Mr. corvette expert, a 62 is a c1. Just thought I would let you know, in case somebody else without a c3 tried to sneak in here.:W;shrug I'm finished with this inane subject. Have a nice day.

... By the way ..., a 62 is a c1. Just thought I would let you know,...

Outwest,

You are right! I stand corrected. I don't know what I was thinking :W. That TV-Show was out in 61, and it was a C1. My mistake. :cool

Outwest,

You are right! I stand corrected. I don't know what I was thinking :W. That TV-Show was out in 61, and it was a C1. My mistake. :cool

This has been interesting reading for a guy who has never owned a C3. Owned C1s, C2s, C4s, and a C5. The Route 66 TV show started with a C1 tan convertible as the C2s were not delivered to them when production started. If you followed the show, they switched to the tan C2 convertible (there were 2 of them I believe) during the season. I was fortunate to be on one of the shows when they filmed in St. Louis. At that time, they called Washington University for some extras that owned vettes. I had a red (obviously) 56. As I was talking to the staff during a break, they mentioned that the C2 did not have the luggage space the C1 had since the convertible top was down for most of the scenes and they needed the show to be realistic for Todd and Buzz to have their belongings with them. I showed them my C1 with a luggage rack I had installed on the rear trunk lid. They liked it and added a luggage rack to the C2 in later episodes. I was fortunate to see George Maharis' black 62 convertible with hard top only. It was a beaut. The C2s were well maintained and looked sharp both on and off the screen. My regret was that I did not ask to sit in one of them. As a side note, they filmed two shows in St. Louis and were discussing a change in the script where the corvette would be driven over a cliff in a local quarry. Glad that didn't happen!

BTW, would love to own an '81 also, but there is no room in the garage for another vehicle.

Barrett

I don't remember the tan C1 but I remember the red '60 that started the show. It is in the Corvette Classics museum in Fort Wayne IN. It seems that they got a new Corvette every year and also had a '61 and '62 before the midyears came out. I remember the luggage rack on the flatter trunk of the '61-'62s they drove.

The first car then. The first episode aired on 7 October 1960.

tv-show-characters.jpg

The same car today.

fc3f44dd.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom