Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Value of Dymag wheels

turbocat

Corvette
1953, 1988 Callaway,1990 Callaway 1966 convertible
I have been off this site for quite awhile and I have just come across some first design Dymags .These are powercoated white and say dymag on one spoke and corvette on another(I know they didn't come on Callaways). Minimal chips on the wheels. What are they now worth?The guy I got them from said they were off a 90' Challenge car.

I guess they are worthless (no response),so I passed on them.

I doubt they're worthless... apparently no one has any idea. I know I don't. ;)

Have you thought of posting the info in the Challenge car forum? Someone may have an idea of their value, or if they're restoring a CC they may even be interested in them.

BTW... this CC owner could probably answer your questions if you send him a PM:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...-converting-unconverted-89-challenge-car.html

:wJane Ann

Are you buying or selling? As soon as you said they were white, I thought to myself "Challenge Corvette". If you are selling, "they aren't worth anything" you'd better ship them off to me so I can get rid of them for you. :D All joking aside, they are probably worth quite a few dollars. I wouldn't begin to to try and price them myself, but rest assured, they a worth a few bucks.

If they need refinishing, about $1200-$1500 a set - $1500-$2000 if they're ready to go. A set went for $1k at this year's carlisle. A set went without bids on ebay recently for $1800 and sold off auction for somewhere north of $1500. That should give you some idea.

I am interested if you decide to pass on them.

If they just were 18 inch !!! i would not mind have set on my Z. :thumb

There was only one(I believe) Callaway TT produced with the white Dymags. if you can prove they were from a Callaway and not a Challenge car, they would be worth even MORE ! I do know that Reeves would NOT sell any of the Dymags that were laying around the shop. Must mean something.........

There was just a set of GENI dymags with Callaway cast into the spokes on ebay last week. Corvette Mike, Anaheim had them listed several times. I believe they sold for under $2k. They were restored.

WHile Dymags are rare these days. They are fairly hard to sell for big dollars. I just sold a set of GENI's all 17x9.5 for $2k. They need stripped and painted. Not too many people paying $4k for a set restored, even though they are very hard to find.

There was just a set of GENI dymags with Callaway cast into the spokes on ebay last week. Corvette Mike, Anaheim had them listed several times. I believe they sold for under $2k. They were restored.

WHile Dymags are rare these days. They are fairly hard to sell for big dollars. I just sold a set of GENI's all 17x9.5 for $2k. They need stripped and painted. Not too many people paying $4k for a set restored, even though they are very hard to find.

Those wheels did not sell. They are for sale at Corvette Mikes for 8 grand

Those wheels did not sell. They are for sale at Corvette Mikes for 8 grand

That's good to know. I figured that they finally sold since they weren't listed again. I have bought and sold a few sets now and I just don't see anyone paying the big prices for Dymags. I'd be glad to sell a set for $8k but I can't see it happening.

I'm keeping my future sets anyway. Probably won't buy too many more sets either.

That's good to know. I figured that they finally sold since they weren't listed again. I have bought and sold a few sets now and I just don't see anyone paying the big prices for Dymags. I'd be glad to sell a set for $8k but I can't see it happening.

I'm keeping my future sets anyway. Probably won't buy too many more sets either.

The Challenge Dymags you sold, were "sold well" at the price listed. Callaway Dymags, even though a similar style, have traditionally bought more money than the others.

As far as what to do with spare Dymags...

Check out this pic from the COG site:

file.php

The Challenge Dymags you sold, were "sold well" at the price listed. Callaway Dymags, even though a similar style, have traditionally bought more money than the others.

As far as what to do with spare Dymags...

Check out this pic from the COG site:

file.php

That picture looks like the room at Corvette Mikes, Anaheim!

They did sell but your correct the asking price was $8K. They sold for a bit less. As we know, not alot of real good sets available.

Cool table,hmmmmm wonder if the Mrs. would consider one ??

I have a set of Gen1's fully restored. These look absolutely like new. Wouldn't give them away for $2000 either. Make me a reasonable offer and you may just own them. Silver with provisions for center caps. I also have a new set of center caps for them.

$4000 obo

akved0.jpg

they dont say callaway on them....did you have them put in corvette

Yes I have them listed elsewhere for Corvettes. I just thought that someone here may want them.

Thanks
Brett!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom