Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Valve Cover Gaskets

92LRC

Corvette
92 Red Vert
A little help please.
I have an oil leak on one of my valve covers. I ordered the FelPro set from Autozone and they came in today but they don't look anything like the ones that are on there right now.
The orange one is what's currently in and the grey one is the new one. I double checked the FelPro number and it is for a 92-96 LT1. The ones that are currently on fit right into a groove on the valve cover. The new ones don't. :confused
Anybody familiar with this?
Thanks
IMG_6245.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

I'd like to follow this too. The grey don't look like they're anywhere near wide enough to me.

A little help please.
I have an oil leak on one of my valve covers. I ordered the FelPro set from Autozone and they came in today but they don't look anything like the ones that are on there right now.
The orange one is what's currently in and the grey one is the new one. I double checked the FelPro number and it is for a 92-96 LT1. The ones that are currently on fit right into a groove on the valve cover. The new ones don't. :confused
Anybody familiar with this?
Thanks

One thing I learned over the years :ugh is to use dealer only gaskets with most things.. Sure others cost a lot less ;shrug... I have gone through several poor sealing problems and situations just like this one :eyerole.... This is the best tool for problem gaskets :bang

I posted on a couple of other Corvette sites and got some answers there.

Apparently the grey ones are for 94 and up LT1 engines. The earlier engines (like my 92) use the wide (orange) gasket. FelPro lumped them all together.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom