Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Valve Spring Kit

93Rubie

Corvette
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Coupe
For a stock cam LT1 application do you see any reason this kit would not be a good replacement/freshening? Given my use of my Corvette, just looking to keep things fresh, not planning any internal engine mods not even 1.6 roller rockers. I don't want to bump that many classes in the SCCA rule book.

Search Results for 174001 - SummitRacing.com

Ditto on the pushrods, I bet the stockers are not perfectly straight. No reason to suspect any OE rocker arm issues unless I find them when I tear into it. Besides they are cheap, a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

COMP Cams High Energy Pushrods 7808-16 - SummitRacing.com

For a stock cam LT1 application do you see any reason this kit would not be a good replacement/freshening? Given my use of my Corvette, just looking to keep things fresh, not planning any internal engine mods not even 1.6 roller rockers. I don't want to bump that many classes in the SCCA rule book.

Search Results for 174001 - SummitRacing.com

For a stock engine, use stock parts. A better choice. Also, you only need the springs, not the retainers and locks.
Ditto on the pushrods, I bet the stockers are not perfectly straight. No reason to suspect any OE rocker arm issues unless I find them when I tear into it. Besides they are cheap, a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

COMP Cams High Energy Pushrods 7808-16 - SummitRacing.com

Before you spend a bunch of money, why not pull your pushrods out and test them for straightness? Find a smooth, level tabletop, set up a bright light, roll the pushrods on the table. If any are bent, you'll see it right away.

Yeah, I figured on checking the pushrods. Thought of this after I had posted. No since in messing with stuff that is fine.

You what is funny, LT1 valve springs are about $10 each. However, you can buy a set of 16 LT4 springs for 40. WTH is up with that?
I understand the LT4 came with lighter valves, retainers, the springs have more seat pressure but less average pressure. I'm not going to pretend to know the in's and out's of valve train component selection. However, they appear to be quite close in specs. overall.

Chevrolet Performance Valve Springs 12495494 - SummitRacing.com

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom