Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vararan B2 installed, now a question

silver98

Corvette
1998 Sebring Silver Coupe
Anyone ho has done this install, I didn't use any of the black spacers (oops?) and the air bridge does not snap onto the black 'buttons' on the radiator support. It is too far forward and too high to engage these. What did I miss?

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Mine does that, too. It is not much (1/4"?) but it does not fit completely right. Perhaps I could spend some time and get it adjusted, but I have not tried it.

I was thinking of trying to move the air bridge by adjusting the red coupler between the B2 and the air bridge. I did notice an impression / depression in the hood liner. The hood seems fine though.

Did you use the rubbher spacers?

I spoke with Vararam, they said to judiciously use the spacers. If the bridge is too close to the bumber, put spacers on the top, if too far back (toward engine) put the spacers on the bottom.

I will be making the install this week or the next. Any fresh pointers or good references?

Let us know how the Vararan B2 works for you. I've considered installing one in the past, but hadn't heard any feedback from someone who had one. Can you feel the difference? I see the stated hp increases, but it seems high. Good luck.

Got halfway done this weekend and had to stop, will finish the install this wednesday.

All done and man is it a good feeling. First real mod I've installed myself too. It was a lot of work but well worth it. Now time for a little test drive.

Joe, thanks for the directions. I'm sure they cut my install time in half.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom