Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vehicle I.D. card???

tls630

Corvette
69 roadster 88roadster
I am missing the vehicle i.d. card for my car. I have talked to the selling dealer and the previous owner.No one know's what happened to it. Is there any way to get a new one? Is there anyone who makes a repop? Help!! TLS

Does anyone have an 88 they bought new, or 1 with all the paperwork? I have called G.M. and they told me that the G.M. PROTECTION PLAN WAS OPTIONAL. I then called the selling dealer and they looked the car in question up for me.They told me that the original owner declined the extra coverage. Therefore this car would have no protection plan card issued to it. Can anyone out there shed some light on this subject? Thank's in advance TLS

Not a judged item, as it didn't come from the factory. It was part of an "extended warranty" program that was offered by the dealers.

John
Thank's for your help. I lost a point in judging because the card was missing! I have talked to G.M.,The selling dealer, Jim Clemen's who specializes in Corvette paperwork and he say's the same as you.I am not going to waste any more time on this part of the resto. Thank's again. TLS.

I think you need to clarify what you are looking for. What year car are we talking about? General Motors Protection Plan is an extended warranty that is sold by dealers an is optional. That can't be a judged item since no one can tell if the original owner bought it. There is another item called a protecto plate which is stamped plate which is used for processing warranty claims. These are 2 seperate items. I don't think Protecto Plates were used in 1988.

It is the vechicle id card that I got written up on. The car is an 88 and it comes under interior #10 console ash tray and so on. Then console contents. I called the dealer and talked to the warranty clerk and the service manager and they both said that the original owner did not purchase this plan. Therfore this car would not have it..But it does call for it in the judging manual.I think this is something that the N.C.R.S. needs to do a little more research on.. TLS

I think the item you're describing is the I.D. sticker on the inside of the console door that has all the VIN and the paint/trim/option codes applicable to that car; has nothing to do with any warranty program per se, just identifies the car and its original build configuration - every Corvette had one, and the dealer had nothing to do with it - it was applied at the factory.

:beer

John
The card I am refering to is the one that is the size of a business card. It slides in the front cover of the owners manual cover along with the card for the salesman and the service writer or manager.There is a spot that says insert g.m. protection plan i.d. card here.There 3 spots for cards this is one of them. I have talked to a lot of people including 2 differant depatments at G.M. and everyone has told me that this plan was optional.And the dealer says the original ownwer declined..
TLS

John
It is included in center console contents. It has everything that is in the plastic envelope owners manual and so on. It say's that item # 3 is GM protection plan agreement and vehicle i.d. card. According to GM and the dealer the original owner refused this coverage.. Therefore I have no card and cannot get one. I am taking it to the regional this weekend I will see what happens there. Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom