Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Very Rare Nassau Blue Baby

L

LouBelleraVideo

I collect C4 Corvettes.However I think the most beautiful color I have ever seen on a C5 is Nassau Blue! I consider myself most fortunate to add a 1999 Nassau Blue convertible six speed to my collection with a WHITE top and light grey sports seats.There were approximately only 200 C5 Nassau blue convertibles with six speed and WHITE TOPs made,making this color combo VERY RARE. The color itself was only produced 6 times in the entire 50 year history of the Corvette. 1965-1966 and 1997-2000. There were no convertibles built for 1997.
Lou Bellera

I agree with you. The Nassau Blue is awesome. I own a 2000 hard top Nassau Blue. Would you know how many Nassau blue hard tops were produced in 2000?

In 2000 which was the last year of Nassau Blue production there was a total of 851 convertibles,coupes and hardtops made in that color.Hardtops consisted of about 7% of all Corvettes made, so a good guess would be that about 60 hardtops were made in Nassau Blue for 2000.The same formula applies for the 1,034 Nassau Blue Corvettes made in 99 which would give you 72 Nassau Blue Hardtops for that year and an approximate total of 132 total Nassau Blue hardtops for the only years that they were produced in Nassau Blue which were 1999 and 2000.

I have a duplicate of your car (1999 Nassau Blue convertible with a WHITE top and light grey sports seats), so I agree 100 % with your opinion on the color scheme. I was going to buy the Millenium Yellow, and was checking out the corvette website to design the color scheme, but I let my friend's kids play with the website, and they all decided on the Nassau Blue. I'm glad they talked me into it, because it really is spectacular.

I was going to trade it in this spring for the 50th anniversary model, but they don't make that color anymore, so I'm keeping it!!!

I took my 99 Nassau Blue off the road and turned it into a Sunday drive. I'll keep the car until I die.I had the car one day and on the road one night and and parked it at a local McDonalds and all ready the comments of "wow look at that car" came from people who had observed it parked.In the daylight?FORGET ABOUT IT!You can't take your eyes off of it.
They only made Nassau Blue 6 years out of 50! So to even think of trading it in for the 50th Anniversary edition would be a big mistake.Sounds like that color will be forgotten in a few years just like the ruby red colored one of the 40th was.But I gaurantee you that the Nassau Blue will be a show stopper forever!:eek

Congrats on the new addition! :upthumbs

And I have to agree, that is one beautiful color. I drove one that color last year but it was a little older than yours - try 1966 with a 427/390:D.

- Eric :w

Thanks for the information. I have reviewed the vin number and I have a very high number. Do you know of any way of checking to see when the last ones were produced? I would be really interested in knowing if my baby is one of the last ones!

2000 Nassau/White

I also have a Nassau with white top. It's a 6sp and a daily driver. Oh...also a white interior!!
:))
Steve

Sorry Steve, but there was no factory issued white interior for 2000 nor any other year of the C5. Someone must have sold you a bad bill of goods if they said it was the original interior when they sold you the car.:(

I know!

Yep, since I have two other collectible Corvettes that have white interiors, I decided my 2000 would also. So I had the seats and lower door panels done in white, just as the General would have done it!

I now have the rarest Nassau Blue.

:))
PS. I ordered it with the basic black interior so as to get the black dash and carpet as all white interior convertibles had when made that way at the factory.

I could change the paint on my 99 Nassau Blue to strawberry cream with a lime green top and THAT would be the rarest of them all. Unfortunately only the lack of available factory installations for a given year count towards a Vette being labled as RARE.:grinshot

You're right

You're correct of course. But, yours would be very tacky!!
Mine is very nice and gets more compliments than my '67 tripower 4-sp convertible on the color combination.

I guess you missed my smiley faces in previous posts......
Chill out, dude!
Steve
:))))))

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom