Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Very, very tempted

Corvette
1972 LT-1/Air coupe w/all options
I took my Vette out today for it's weekly warmup/shakedown and visited Courtesy Chevrolet near my house. I do this enough that the salesfolks know not to even waste their time with me! :)

You know things are slow when the lot is all organized by color. All of the red vettes next to each other, all of the blacks side by side and so on. I wandered past the six or seven yellow cars and noticed a fairly nice C4 in the bunch. Yellow with black interior, dual sport seats, six speed, two tops. The plexi top wasn't in great shape (and neither was the weatherstripping) but the car was basically clean with about 120K miles.

What I liked most was the price. $9,988 which seems like a reasonable starting point.

Man my wife woulda killed me. Probably the only thing that stopped me from making an offer! ;)

But what would be cooler than two yellow LT-1s in the garage?

Erik S. Klein said:
Three? :)

-Mac

My favorite saying to those who question about spending money is WTC...WRITE THE CHECK!!!! Go for it!!!

Just tell her you are babysitting it for a close friend, kind of like pet sitting; you have to excercise it daily and wash it once a week.;LOL

JonM said:
Get it...put it in the garage...When she says something...tell her she has gone completely mad and she is hallucinating...;)

Then give her some cookies.;)

Buy it , put it in the garage and put her name on it .;)

Glenn
:w

JonM said:
Get it...put it in the garage...When she says something...tell her she has gone completely mad and she is hallucinating...;)
Out of sight; out of mind. The ZR1 is tucked away on the other side of Europe and I am the only one who remembers that it exists.:upthumbs
The pride of owning another Vette last much longer than the pain of paying for it.:w

What year is the c4? The price sounds sorta high for the mileage.

Do like I did you buy it give the wife a set of keys let her drive once and awhile and call it hers!:D

C3L81 said:

I could be wrong but I think that price is somewhat of a location issue. Here in IN I see nice c4's with less mileage at more resonable prices.

I could be wrong but I think that price is somewhat of a location issue. Here in IN I see nice c4's with less mileage at more resonable prices.

Yeah thats true. He is in CA which has the highest economy in the country. Hell If I was him id buy a few Corvette and Chevy trader mags and Either travel to bring it home or have it shipped. Could probably find one with much lower miles for the price. Just a aobservation though. If you dont want to deal with all that fuss I say go for it! Have a blast!

In this tri state area you wouldn't touch that for less than $12000
Glenn
:w

C3L81 said:

It's a 92. There aren't a lot of yellow C4s around, especially with a six speed. The price is okay, but I'd probably push to get at least a few hundred shaved off if I went for it. I'd also insist on an inspection by a local Vette mechanic.

It's just a pipe dream, though. I've got two young kids and can't go for another toy at this point.

Maybe down the line I'll get a nice used yellow C6 Z06 or even a new C7 or C8 Z06, eh? ;)

Erik S. Klein said:
It's a 92. There aren't a lot of yellow C4s around, especially with a six speed. The price is okay, but I'd probably push to get at least a few hundred shaved off if I went for it. I'd also insist on an inspection by a local Vette mechanic.

It's just a pipe dream, though. I've got two young kids and can't go for another toy at this point.

Maybe down the line I'll get a nice used yellow C6 Z06 or even a new C7 or C8 Z06, eh? ;)

You've already got one of the best and most unique corvettes ever made!:)
Wait for a C5, C6 Z06 (or a C4 ZR!), or whatever newer generation vette that stikes you when the time comes!

You know things are slow when the lot is all organized by color. All of the red vettes next to each other, all of the blacks side by side and so on. I wandered past the six or seven yellow cars and noticed a fairly nice C4 in the bunch.

Man, if we have one Corvette at the Chevy dealer we're doing well, let alone rows of different colors. As far as buying the car, do what I did, I just came home and said, "Happy Birthday Honey!"
It worked, but now I have to ask her when I want to drive "Her" car. ;)

C3L81 said:

Probably not a bad price considering that is their asking price. No used car is sold for asking price, I hope. Sounds really nice for $8500.

Good Luck,
Jeff

Erik S. Klein said:

But wouldn't you have one LT-1 and one LT1?:confused

Jim S.:w

91 Black Convertible said:
But wouldn't you have one LT-1 and one LT1?:confused

Jim S.:w

That's true, he'd ONLY have 1 of each!:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom