Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette caught on fire and melted

I really feel for you mate, I would go nuts too if that happened to me..! Like most vette owners I love the damn thing like it was a person!. Have to say I would strongly suspect arson in your case.. the engine wasn't burnt at all ?! I hope the insurance guys will see you right..Good luck.

Monday morning I wake up to my neighbor pounding on my door. I open the door and he yells you're car's on fire. I immediately hope he was referring to another one of my cars, but when I seen that it was the vette I went nuts. I was going to try putting it out with a fire extinguisher I have, but the flames were burning so hot I couldn't get within 10 feet of the car. By the time the fire dept. put out the flames, there was hardly anything left to the car. The motor and engine dept. never got burned, but the firefighters did cut the hood open to make sure there were no more flames. Rear bumper was spared as well all 4 tires and rims. I'm probably going to part it out at this point. The real kicker of this story is that I had dropped the insurance on the car for the winter because I wasn't driving it. So, the moral of the story is keep your insurance on your car during the winter because you never know what could happen. I believe a mouse or something got under the dash and chewed some wires . If I had disconnected the battery cable I wouldn't have had this problem either. So thats another lesson learned.. Needless to say, I wanted to share my story so others in the Corvette community don't have to pay the price for the lesson I had to learn so hard. I'll post some pics when I get the time. This 92 convertible was my pride and joy! :mad

all things happen for a purpose...
enjoy the new Corvette yer about to get..merry Christmas

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom