Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette poll

To the guys down at the hotrod shop it's "that plastic Chevy".

T.M.808,

Sorry for the mix up.

I have a family member on the NYPD K9 unit and he has a dog named Roscoe who is a beauty. For all of those who have been friends with a dog in the past or who are presently associate with one please see the tribute at this link. Be sure the sound is turned up and that you have some tissues handy because it will get to you.

Our Dogs

Also, excuse me for diverging from the original topic of this thread but if it weren't for dogs some of us would just be human; so I figure this wouldn't hurt.

Bill

I call my vette RedShift.........red 6-speed, but also astronomers use this term for something moving away from you at a high rate of speed. :cool

WAYCOOL is my 2004's name, and its license plate. It was named by my wife's granddaughter.

My Triumph T100 Bonneville motorcycle is named "Warrior" as it is heavily modified and HP has been doubled over stock. A "sleeper" bike ready for street fighting.

My wife drives a 2007 Performance (now the Platinum model) DTS in white lightning with the custom Tehama leather interior (it cost more than a new ZO6); I call it "The Tiffany". I can't ride in it without thinking about how I could have used the money to buy any new vette I wanted and still saved money.

My daily driver is a blacked out Z-71 Tahoe, its referred to a my "Men In Black Mobile".

Finally, I have an alpine white 4x4 Chevy CK2500 pickup I use mainly to tow my bass boat. A friend of mine named it the "Blind Man's Truck"; he said it was so bright white that even a blind man could see it.

The boat has no name.

I use one of the model letters as the car name.The CRV,GST,S2K and the Z06.

I drive the S car during the week and the wifey drives the V.On the weekends we both drive the Z.

\db2
Carolina

A fine Memorial to a true Corvette enthusiast! :thumb

A traditional name in honor of one's ancestry! I like it!

As I mentioned in another of your threads, Bill... my Light Carmine Red Metallic convertible is Cinnamon Girl.

The first time I read those lyrics after buying my C5, it just seemed so apropos.

:wJane Ann

HPIM1600_2_K.jpg

Nice photo by the lake Jane Ann. Very nice!:w

I have two "basic" names for my Corvettes. Whichever one I drive I tell my wife.."I'm taking the black one" or "I'm taking the white one".

Bill,
You're not alone. I've named my Vette. I call her "Vixen."
;)

A malicious women with a bad temper....good luck Patrick.

232422-139056-vixen_super.jpg

A malicious women with a bad temper....good luck Patrick.

And here I was, Remo, absolutely certain the dominatrix quality of the name would appeal to you of all people- especially given some of the nurses we have to employ to administer your winter meds.
:chuckle

very un original but

I call my 93 Ruby

steve

That works.

My first Vette was a 40th anniv. ed. coupe and it was plain ol' "Ruby" to me. I still think the C4 coupe shape is beautiful and looks like a rocket, enjoy the ride in safety.

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

Ol Red most days

KeyWestMile0.jpg

"Run you SOB" when it isn't pulling as hard as it oughta :boogie

What do you mean by "strange"?anyway my red 79 was Lucy and my blue02 is just ol' Blue:upthumbs

My late wife always called our Vette (Bill's Toy). (what do you suppose she ment by that?)

I don't currently have a name for the Vette but I call my beloved Jeep SRT8 either "Big Doggy" or "The Beast". (hummm... you don't suppose she ment.....)

My first Vette (the ol '92) didn't get a name at first. Later on after I painted it as a backward GS, my friend dubbed it the "TUNA SPORT". That is generally the way all my Vettes are referred to now - "Tuna Sport" and my plate says TUNASPT.

After my wife bought the 2003 AE, the differences between the ol Tuna Sport and the new car were abundant and my wife started calling the '92 "The Beast".

The '03 AE was 'Annie' or "Gold Vette".

Before Annie, we had a '96 LT4 CE Z51 car that we called "Nightmare" seeing as how the motor blew up twice in the first year. After that, no problems.

All our current cars have names:
'08 is the "Tuna Sport" or the "loud car" - NPP is always loud on start
'06 is "Tigger" - it's a DSOM coupe - needs stripes
The CTS-V is "Darth V" - it's black after all.

I've named all my 'Vettes.

The first was a white '78 I named "Prddy78" 'cause she was.

Then came my '96 GS, I named her "Eye Candy" because she was so easy on the eyes:
67556088.jpg

LicensePlateFrame.jpg

And then there was my '08 LS3. I named her "Lust" because it was lust at first sight!
8ed280eb.jpg

:thumb Jason

Haven't really named mine, I just refer to it as "The Vette."

But I do know someone who named their C4 "Yvette."

Puh-leeze

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom