Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(video clip) putting the runflats to an interesting use...

*89x2*

They spin just fine, but I was reluctant to waste rubber. I was leaving when I saw that the camera was on, so I backed up and "warmed" them up a little. I have the true Run Flats off of the car, and some GSCs on there now. This car is usually pampered a little more, but every now and then, it gets exercised.

If you watch the video and listen, you'll see that the car does not need to sit on the limiter to spin. In fact, once they get going, it will hold em roasting at about 2500 rpm. Gotta love torque.

They spin just fine, but I was reluctant to waste rubber. I was leaving when I saw that the camera was on, so I backed up and "warmed" them up a little. I have the true Run Flats off of the car, and some GSCs on there now. This car is usually pampered a little more, but every now and then, it gets exercised.

If you watch the video and listen, you'll see that the car does not need to sit on the limiter to spin. In fact, once they get going, it will hold em roasting at about 2500 rpm. Gotta love torque.
I agree with you about the torque!
I also have a C8.;)

On my 96 auto, I rebuilt the engine to the Callaway Supernatural race engine specs, which put 493 down on the dyno. It had a new cam grind, and was retarded 2 degrees. It killed some of the torque, which took some of the fun out of it, but once you get it going, it roasts right into third within about 3 seconds. With tire speed like that, tires don't last long. I took it on Power Tour 05.

Why was the top coming up? was the car trying to keep the smoke out of the interior? :L

Just for effect I guess. Plus, who here thinks burning rubber smells bad???:cool

It is funny to see the convertible roof top start to come up once some of the smoke enters the cabin.

Great Burnout!

-Luigi
:cool

Usually, the top is up, then the burnout starts, and then the top drops for effect. I first did it in the bleach box at a burn out competition. That move won it for me.

Anthony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom