Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

VIN locations on frame - HELP

ThunderVette

Corvette
1990 Red L98 Autotranny
Hi,
painted my C4 from stock black to red. Today was at police station to re-register the car. Verified VINs: under windshield driver side, tranny VIN, engine VIN. The label on door edge was removed while painting - so officer started to search for another "body-located" VIN. FAILED. And so did my re-registration by now after spending the whole day at police.:mad
Found here a thread where a guy with 1986 said VIN being located at front frame rail and one have to remove wheel wells to approach. Me today did so - but couldn't find any VINs there........
Only found a manufacture date (?) on frame - just behind front right shock absorber and some code on the upper side of front cross-member (which is far from being a VIN) and that's it.:cry
Does anybody know where else are VINs stamped? :confused On frame or else? But except for left door edge and under center console lid.
Please help:BOW

Should be on the frame right outside just ahead of the bar that ties the two frame rails together the bar you see just behind the rad fans. it may be filled in with paint. and yes you may have to remove the inner wheel well to see it.

There should be a partial VIN stamped on the front of the frame just below the battery. Remove the rear wheel well liner on the driver's side. The number should be stamped about 3cm below the top of the frame rail facing the front wheel. These numbers are not stamped too deep so you may have to remove some of the black paint from the frame to see the numbers.

Once the numbers have been verified, simply repaint the area with some black paint to keep rust from forming.

These numbers should be the same as the last 8 or 9 digits of the VIN.

Another VIN will be on the RPO Service Parts Indentifier decal which is either under the console lid or the passenger side storage compartment.

Found those fantastic digits:Twist
The ones on the right rail digits are kind a manufacture date,
And those on a driver side rail under the battery are last 8 digits of VIN:dance
c4cruiser, Wegone, thank you guys for your help:beer :CAC

:beer

Vin numbers..... Years ago I had a 1976 Corvette that had been wrecked and I repaired. after repairs I went to the State Police post for inspection for a new title. They checked for numbers on the frame and here is where they looked. Removed the drivers rear wheel and looked at the frame in the wheel well, maybe you can find your there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom