Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Viper Sound

C

c5blue

HI ALLLLLLLL

I WANT TO MAKE MY C5 SOUND LIKE A VIPER GTS ... IS HERE ANY ONE KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR THAT ....

C5 LOVER

Blue.kaz, you want to make your Corvette sound flatulent? :L

Sorry Brad, and the rest of you Viper guys, I just couldn't help myself. :L

_ken :w

Put on a nice set of Corsa pipes and it will sound better than a Viper . It'll sound like a Vette ! ! !

the viper sounds like a UPS truck if ya want that sound I guess ya can get it somehow. I don't konw why you would want to.

Not to be a wise $#%, but why would you want to deface the sound of a vette so that it could sound like a viper? Do you want a coffee can and some rally accessories to finish it off. I would suggest you pull the emblems off to further hide the fact that you own one of America's oldest/finest sports cars, but everyone would still know that it's a vette that has been disgraced. Maybe I sound harsh, but if you can afford a new C5 and want a viper then why not kick in a few more $ and buy a Viper.

OK , so it should be obvious you struck a nerve here , but please don't leave and never come back . It's just that the question you asked of us Corvette owners might be looked at as a little bit of a slap in the face . Although our rivelry with Viper owners is friendly ,it is still a rivelry . Cliff

:eek :eek :D

You folks are too funny!

Keep your eyes out for those Snakes that sneak up on you in your rear view mirror... :eek
fdba1217.jpg

SNTFCE said:
Looks nice, obviously you decided to skip the exhaust swap and went straight for the real thing.

Yeah, my C4 was getting lonely...:crazy

I can still make the vrrrrooommm... sound if you like?

Brad

There's an article in the August 02 issue of Corvette Fever on a new system from Borla called (PN 140017) "Stinger". I don't know anything about how it sounds, but it retails for only $599. It's still made from 304 stainless and is considered a rear-section exhaust.

Brad,

Just wondering if the Viper community is as tight as the Corvette community. I mean, do you guys wave at each other, stop to talk to each other, etc...???

I'm definitely going to get a Viper somewhere down the line and want to know those things so I don't make an @$$ out of myself and other Viper owners.

Thanks,

BullWinkle said:
Brad,

Just wondering if the Viper community is as tight as the Corvette community. I mean, do you guys wave at each other, stop to talk to each other, etc...???

I'm definitely going to get a Viper somewhere down the line and want to know those things so I don't make an @$$ out of myself and other Viper owners.

Thanks,

Bullwinkle:

The Viper guys are okay at the wave, but nothing like the old timer Vette folks (I don't put C5 drivers in the same category). I personally have plenty of down to Earth Viper friends, but there are quite a few "poser" types out there who have no clue what their engine looks like or how to drive their cars. I the company of old fashioned gear heads who like getting grease under the fingernails.

For the most part, Viper folks aren't like that. I compare the Viper folks to the C5 crowd, who like bolt-on cheap HP and enjoy building garage and dyno queens. They throw tons of money around to the rip-off artist tuners, just so they can say that they tuned their cars. The antithesis of that are guys like John Lingenfelter who walk the walk.

An example of this would be a friend that I just talked to, who was having his car bult by a local tuner. When I asked him who's gears that they put into his car (as well as who's flywheel he installed), he could not answer the question. He basically just dropped the cash down and trusted the tuner. These accountability issues are a real problem in the Viper community. Propaganda flows readily in the Viper community, but good information is very hard to find.

By the way, that same tuner torqued my heads down to the incorrect spec's, and was the cause of my engine blow-by and internal coolant leaks. Because of this, my engine was sent out for a complete rebuild (luckily under extended warranty), that cost Daimler over $35k.

Of course this is JMO. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in your research of Vipers? If you ever get out to Southern Cal, you are welcomed to call me and take it for a spin around the block. This is a wonderful car, that demands your undivided attention and respect... but it sure is fun.

Brad

Brad,

I was kind of hoping that the Viper community would be even tighter than the Corvette community. Honestly, if I had the money and therefore the choice, I would get a Viper before a C5.

IMO, the C5 has been shunned by many people as being a "girls sports car." Of course, the Z06 is an exception.

I look at the Corvette the same way as I look at the martial arts: there is a history and tradition; if you don't know it, or respect the past, then you shouldn't practice martial arts. Just like martial arts is more about punching and kicking, the Corvette is more about style and status, which is what I think the C5 has turned into in some ways.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone with my comments, but I must express those comments to Corvette owners.

But my Viper acquisition will be a few years down the line. Thank you for your offer of assistance!:upthumbs

Yeah the C5 is a car that has a rep for the money crowd but I would like to point out that Harley is far worse. I rode Harleys for over twenty years. Didn't even own a Car(you can do that in Vegas). I had to quit riding after my second broken neck from idiot drivers not paying attention. I have noticed that the Harley crowd has far more posers than in my day. When I was riding you had to know how to fix your own bike because they broke about every other day. Also the biker crowd didn't let you around unless you could walk the walk by proving yourself in many ways. I just thank the people who buy the Vettes and then trade them in a year or two later, it helps keep the vette alive. Who cares if they don't know what they are doing, it's thier money and if they want to throw it away, so be it. I have a 98 coupe that is my daily driver and am working on a 57 Bel Air with 87 suspension Ramjet 350 700R4 tranny.

Sadly, there will be posers in most every crowd you're in now-a-days it seems like. With the bikers you've got your squids who go out and buy the newest 1000cc bike, and think their hot****. Sadly like some have said, the C5 crowd has gotten a fairly bad rep from people not respecting the tradition of the car, and the heritage that most of the owners acknowledge.

Granted, i may be 19, but i appreciate the vette heritage. I love the history behind it, as well as the leaps and bounds that they've made in performance over the last decade. I mean think about it. The Sledgehammer pulls a 254mph run....Lingenfelter now pulls a 9.24 sec 1/4 mile w/ his car. Then you've got the C5-R teams dominating in ALMS. Then Trans Am racing (which sadly to say Mr Lou is quitting and going to a diff circuit) and the Corvettes do damn well. Then you've got the ZR-1 holding numerous records, and the ZO6 being one of the best ever production sports cars. That just proves how dominante the Vette is, imo.

Lol, i know i'm standing on the soap box, so i'll let someone else take a turn for now. Btw, Viper_10, i've heard numerous rumors of Hennessey pulling shoddy jobs upon people...like kits not having the right hp #s, cars not having the correct heads on them and so forth. Just curious.

Judging a book by its cover

I'll admit it...I was guilty of slandering C5 drivers. I thought they all snubbed other vette owners, and maybe some do. They don't all wave and some are owners simply for status, but some of us really love the cars. Yeah, the azz end is big, but my C4 is huge compared to C3s. It is like having two children...you love them both, just differently. I guess any vette you get is your baby, even if it is a big butted, pointy nosed, girly type sports car. BTW, show me another "girly sports car" that throws you back is the seat and is as much fun to drive as this one is.:D
--Drew:w
PS. I read some of the "hennessee horror stories" and if they are true, that guy is a bad man. Glad he doesn't tune vettes.

Re: Judging a book by its cover

Drewser said:
I read some of the "hennessee horror stories" and if they are true, that guy is a bad man. Glad he doesn't tune vettes.

You must not have read the Corvette Forum post by No Mercy. Don't be fooled, Hennessey tunes Corvettes!

Let the buyer beware...

Brad

Yeop, i didn't read any of those sites yet, but 1 of the 'stories' i heard was a guy sent his ZO6 to Hennessey to get it re-worked (which i dont freaking see WHY since theres LPE, ARE, MTI (yeah right) LG Motorsports etc etc). Guy sent his car to him, HMS said 6 weeks min, 2 1/2 months max. Guy didn't hear anything about his car for almost 4 months. Finally, flew to Texas, got to HMS and got his car. All the work was completed supposedly, but they just hadn't returned his calls. Well, funny guy started driving his car, noticed it felt more sluggish. Took it to the Chevy dealer, they asked what was done, he told them HMS worked on it.....they found out, HMS put in an LS1 intake, LS1 heads, and LS1 cam into it vs all the LS6 stuff.

May not be true, but i heard that from a guy whos into the tuner game. I'll read some of those 'horror' stories. Thanks Viper. Hey, any chance of you going out of town, and needing a car sitter? :upthumbs jk. And i know a few C5 owners that own C3s aswell. Most of the C5 owners that have owned vettes in the past, are the ones (in my opinion) that respect the tradition and heritage of the car. Seems like most of the guys who run out and buy a C5 could care less. Not all, but some. Keep the wave alive!!

:eek :confused :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

How in the F*CK*NG hell can hennessey be posting some of those comments? That MF'r should be freakin ashamed of himself. A freakin grown man, screwing everyone else over. I'm sorry, but screw his damn 1000hp Viper, as well as almost everyone of his damn cars. Vipers are sweet vehicles, and i can't stand to see a jackass like him, make it sound like thats apart of business, that sh*t happens.

I would join that one Forum and give him a sweet piece of my mind, but screw that, he's not worth my time, nor do i feel like i have any "right" to bash him. Now i hope he pulls his head outta his butt, that way it gives all the other inmates a clear target. I hope he gets reamed severely off of this. Thats just complete BS, imo. I highly doubt there has been another tuner to just rip people off, and blatently lie about it like John has. I'm glad to see LPEs TT 427 waxxing the ever living snot out of HMS Venom 800.

Sorry for the heated talk, but thats complete BS on his part. I hope he likes orange.....he's going to be seeing a lot of it in prision i'm sure. Hennessey :r enjoy freedom while you've still got it...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom