Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Virginia Emissions - 78 no cat converter

The law is wide open with the 'occasional pleasure trip' and you will have a hard time calling a trip to the dump a pleasure trip.
I agree that I would have a hard time justifying to a cop that I was out for a pleasure trip, but I'll say this, after I get the body painted, I will still use it for trips to the dump and plan to still keep the same 1970 plates on it. I love to drive the truck. Now if I want to go fast with a nice sounding small block, the Vette gets the nod. It's nice enough to drive to the cruise ins, and definitely worthy of hte antique plates. BTW, did anyone know you can get the orange antique plates in VA personalized? Mine are. The only problem is it took me about 1/2 hour on the phone with someone at DMV to get someone who knew anything about it. I had to tell them to go to the webpage and read it for themselves.

I know exactly what you mean about the DMV employees. With the Car Club Council we have been attending meetings in Richmond and they are very aware that the employees have very little knowledge about antique tags. We have heard reports of employees suggesting that people get antique tags solely on the fact that the car is old enough and with very little knowledge of what else is involved with antique tags. This is really sad that the DMV employees aren't educated in this subject and selling antique tags stricly on age and then selling the fact to owners that it is great because no inspection is needed. Then the drivers are hassled by the law enforcement when they are misled.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom