Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Visor sticker cover-ups

PeterG

Corvette
2007 black coupe, NCM Lifetime Member
A few days after I picked up my new 2007 coupe, I decided to remove those ugly, glaring, white & yellow warning stickers on MY visors. After trying for a minute, I realized that they are heated and melted on to the visor's poly-fabric to be permanent... until the law is repealed... probably long after I am dead.

So I have to live with one 20% removed and one fully intact warning sticker. The sticker warns me in English and French that I must put the kids in the back seat in a special carrier. I don't have little kids or a back seat in my C6 coupe.

I do not want those visor stickers displaying in my face.

So I made a devise to completely cover both stickers. ...And I will not apoligize to any meddling lawmakers.

I bought black fabric, iron-on patches and plan to attach them to the visor with velcro over the warning stickers.

I will work meticulously to get them to lie flat and look like they came on the visors from the factory.

Before I attempt this, if anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

Thanks.

What he said.......

Yup. I ordered mine last week, and I love them. Got one of his stock designs that tells the attributes of my car, then the one for my side I had the info I wanted as well as my name and a red C6 outline. Look very nice and as if they came with the car! Oh yeah, very fast delivery. I had them in less than a week. Easy to put on, too. :)

Another solution for the ugly stickers!

I couldn't stand those ugly stickers either and attempted trying to peel them off
with some success, but still a mess.
Got the idea of trying to find adhesive back black felt and cutting out a
piece to cover the entire sticker. Success and looks almost like the visor
fabric. I think I have a dollar invested in this fix! Try your local craft or
fabric store.

I couldn't stand those ugly stickers either and attempted trying to peel them off
with some success, but still a mess.
Got the idea of trying to find adhesive back black felt and cutting out a
piece to cover the entire sticker. Success and looks almost like the visor
fabric. I think I have a dollar invested in this fix! Try your local craft or
fabric store.
Yup, anything is better than having a dumb warning sticker that alludes to a back seat in a Vette!!
TK53 - Good to see another teacher with an '06 C6 around here! Do you drive to school so your kids get to enjoy it, too? :cool

I drive the Vette to school when it gets nice, but that may not be for a long time
here in Ohio. The kids wonder how a teacher can afford a new Vette, but they
get a kick out of it. Last year my Vette and Silverado where on the school's
morning announcements during "Phatt Ride Week!" In a couple of weeks I'll
get everyone asking to borrow it for Prom. I take it as a compliment.
Good hearing from another teacher.

I just painted mind with flat black paint. Looks better than the safety warnings and is quick. It's noticeable, but not bad at all.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom