Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cover up?

Norseman

Corvette
2006 Blue Z51 Coupe/2004 STi for the snow.
Anyone out there know how to remove the bright yellow seatbelt warning signs from the sun visors without damaging the vinyl? I was thinking if they can't be removed maybe I could cover them up with a black vinyl piece of material that would go all the way around the visor, like a knee ace wrap.:confused

Those things are ugly, aren't they? Actually, I haven't tried yet, but I did heat gun one off my Nissan truck. The visor is cloth so I am not sure it is applicable, but it did leave a faintly lighter patch. frankly, I have not gotten my nerve up to try the Vette yet. It is a 2005 MY Coupe.

Marlar said:
Those things are ugly, aren't they? Actually, I haven't tried yet, but I did heat gun one off my Nissan truck. The visor is cloth so I am not sure it is applicable, but it did leave a faintly lighter patch. frankly, I have not gotten my nerve up to try the Vette yet. It is a 2005 MY Coupe.

At least they match your car.:L

They can be removed by heating with a hair dryer. This will loosen the adhesive while you are pulling it gently away from the visor. Some residue may remain which can be removed by applying "Goo Gone". It may require several applications to completely remove the adhesive. You may find that the easiest way to solve the problem is to remove the visors and take them to an upholstery shop and have them covered.

Brilliant. Thanks a bunch.:)

There are some black stickers on ebay that cover them and look good, They have data about the car on them.

I don't know about you guys but I feel that these stickers on our sun visors are just another example of government gone to far. Warning lables every- where: Watch out you coffee is hot, don't eat too many Big Macks you might get fat, smoking is harmful, etc. Crap, just leave me alone I know what I'm doing and am willing to take responsibility for my actions.

Jimailer said:
There are some black stickers on ebay that cover them and look good, They have data about the car on them.

I have tried them. I did not like the look at all, so when I went to peeled them off, the yellow stickers came off with them. I only had some adhesive left over which came off with a hairdryer

I think I'll try the hair dryer trick. Now if I only had a wife with a hair dryer.:)

Norseman said:
Anyone out there know how to remove the bright yellow seatbelt warning signs from the sun visors without damaging the vinyl? I was thinking if they can't be removed maybe I could cover them up with a black vinyl piece of material that would go all the way around the visor, like a knee ace wrap.:confused

Try These.......

http://snipurl.com/qrc2

I put them on my visors and they look great!! Looks both original and bad ass!! Remember to get two, one each per visor.

Did he say that?

Vanity Plate Bob said:
Hair dryer is cheaper than a wife. Go for it.:)

And both are capable of producing prodigious amounts of hot air ;) .

warning cover up

I read everything I could find on removing the warning stickers and spoke to several people who had tried (unsuccessfully) to get them off. I went to the local craft store and bought 8x11 sheets of black felt with an adhesive backing, trimmed them to overlap the stickers by about 1/4 inch, stuck 'em on and never looked back. On my black visors they are no longer hideous.

Hair

Dippy, you sure do have a nice head of hair; it would look great in my LB coup.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom