Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Visor Vanity Mirror

Ron Miller

Corvette
'66 Auto Mosport Conv, '65 Nass Blue 4-sp Air Cpe
'65 Visor Vanity Mirror - Ever Seen One?

My '65 Coupe has a visor vanity mirror, about 3 1/2" x 8" in size, which I assume was installed as a dealer installed accessory. It was in the car when I bought it in 1975, and is attached to the visor with the same type of mounting screw as attaches the visor hinges, you know those funny looking screws. It has the "Chevrolet" 'script at the bottom of the mirror, and the mirror is mounted in a stainless or chrome frame which shows only at the edge of the mirror.

I have owned mid-years since 1967 and have attended numerous Vette shows and swap meets over the years (Bloomington, Knoxville, etc.), and in looking at numerous cars there and at other shows, have not seen this mirror on another Corvette. Also talked with Marty Fowler, one of the mid-year Bloomington judges who lives near here, and he was unfamiliar with this item.

I'm sure it must be a dealer installed item, just wondering if anyone had any info on it, or had seen a similar item over the years. Just an item of curiosity . . . .

Thanks for any information.

Should anyone be interested, I'll try and post a photo in the future.

Ron

Welcome to the CAC

Welcome Ron,

From my GM parts days I have seen that type of accessory mirror. I don't think it is Corvette exclusive and was probably listed as an accessory item for all Chevrolets. I wouldn't be suprised if you couldn't find the same part with Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Buick scripts on it too. It is unusual for someone to put one on a Corvette but being an over the counter accessory it could be installed on anything. You would probably have better luck trying to find one installed on an Impala.

Tom

Thanks for the reply, and I'm sure you're right that it was an over the counter accessory for any Chevrolet. Mine is mounted on the passenger side (as you would expect), and the only thing that may be different from usage in any other Chevrolet are the sunvisor screws and nuts used for mounting. Just an item of curiosity as I said, as it is the only one I have ever noticed on a Corvette over the years.

Thanks!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom