Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Voltage

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
I have had my negative side battery cable unplugged from the battery when i was replacing the air conditioning components(as per the instructions). friday night i went for a short drive and had the ac on and when i backed the vette in the garage, next day the battery is acting like it is dead , i put the battery charger on it and the next day it seems fine now, anyone have any idea of what might of happened to the volts on the battery? this is a new battery, bought it this year.

From what you say CS my only thought is to check your connections. Maybe when you reattached, the terminal wasn't clean or connection wasn't tight?

Carlo

would that drain the battery if the connections were not tight?

One things certain, it wouldn't charge properly and depending on the load placed on the battery, starting, etc it's one possibility. A simple metering of the battery would answer any questions. I assume prior to the work there were no charging/battery issues?

Carlo

i drove the corvette friday night with the air on which would pull more power, i think your right,,,thanks.

Carl,

I've had the same problem with the '95 Bonneville this year. Something, somehow has gotten on the terminal lug that keeps degrading the connection to the battery. My Amp Gauge is all over the scale depending on the load. When I clean it off and crank it back down hard it's fine. Give it a month and the same problem. I've scraped the terminal, the battery electrode..... (only the positive cable is the culpret) everything but replace the cable. Sounds like Carlo hit it on the head. Good luck.

Regards........... Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom