Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wahoo.....just spoke to painter......almost done!!

Corvette
1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
just hung up the phone with the painter. He is finishing up on final buffing today and reassembly starts tomorrow so I get to load up all the parts sitting in my garage and take them over tomorrow afternoon. He thinks only 2-3 days for reassembly so I hopefully should have the car back by the end of the week!
This is going to be a VERY LONNNGGGGGGG week waiting!

well, after I load up the parts to take them over to the shop I'll be able to clean out the garage in preparation of Baby coming home so that will kill some of the time as i'm waiting anyway. :cool

Barry I'm really excited for you. It will be a job well done and you still have most of the season left to enjoy her!

Studiog
yep, I haven't seen her yet after wetsanding and buffing but I will tomorrow but even going by how she looked before the final wetsanding I know I'm going to be very pleased with the end result. Last I saw her there were very few little "nibs" and just a bit of orange peel in the top clearcoat that I know the wetsanding will remove but even with that on the car she looked spectacular when I saw her last week.
Yep, a lot of 'season" left although I did miss a few shows I really wanted to get to but there is always next year. Of course, now we have the really hot and humid weather to deal with whereas driving her in the early spring when it was cooler would have been enjoyable....... but nothing is going to keep me from hoping in her and enjoying her even if it means I sweat off 20 lbs on each drive.

Barry,

Great News! Pictures at seven? I am looking forward to seeing the finish car.

Keep us posted.

Ray

Ray
should be able to get some new pics tomorrow when I go by to drop off a bunch of parts for the reassembly. I've been storing them in my garage rather than his shop. saves him room in his shop which is limited for storage, plus I didn't end up with 3" of sanding and fiberglass dust over everything.

BTW, I think it's time for you to change your signature since you sold the '65.
:)

Barry,
That sounds so familiar. I had the bumpers and bright trim in my basement until the last few days. The it was let's go with the new ... almost everything. And it came together very quickly. I look forward to the pics!

Paul
most of my stuff is already new anyway. All new chrome bumpers during the restoration than the fronts replaced about a year later along with the front grill just after I got her last year when an idiot backed into me. I also have all brand new windshield SS trim moldings and the rear window moldings look good enough that must have been replaced already during the restoration just previous to my getting her. The gas cap emblem, script, etc all look new also. Even the door handles and side mirror look like they may have been replaced. The only thing not perfect looking now is the one chrome bumper from my polishing fiasco last month which I'd like to forget about........ I even picked up a new control cable for the rear blower motor so I'll finally be able to have that working also as the old one was seized up.
The only thing I regret isa not have the budget right now to have replaced the windshield and rear window with new dated glass. All the glass except the windshield is original and properly dated and a few places were scratched (DA'd) by some PO. Oh well, i'll get to that sometime in the future.

Bob
thanks!
it feels good to know she will be back home very soon after all this time. Not trying to begin to compare my simple paint job to your huge entire rebuild project with Heaven, but I know you understand how i'm feeling with being this close to completion finally after so much time. :)

now, if i can just manage to get her from the shop back home to my garage without any of my "infamous" bad luck kicking in i'll be REALLY happy. It's only about 12 miles or so............

That's great news Barry. New paint and a few other things fixed too. It will be better that new. Can't wait to see some pictures.

tom

well, you going to have Baby at Cecil County dragstrip on Saturday!?

Rick
if she is done than I may drive her down.
She is still going to need a full cleaning and detailing though after being in the shop almost 10 months - the whole interior and engine compartment is going to need hours and hours of work.
Linda and I have never been to the dragstrip and it would be great to go down in the Vette. We won't be racing her though!

Great news after all your waiting Barry. I think you gave patience a new meaning or at least raised the bar a bit! ;) We are all so happy you are finally getting BABY back home. When are you going to be in top notch shape for driving her and spending countless hours touring? Too bad you couldn't make it to BG on the weekend, I know you would have enjoyed it and what a great group of people.
Don't forget the pics now OK? We need to see one where BABY is in YOUR garage OK? Take care and heal fast Barry:upthumbs
Doug

Doug

the arm still needs a few weeks of healing yet, but now that the cast is off and i've been working it thru it's motions, I can drive the car fine I'm sure. I wouldn't try autocrossing her with the arm yet, but simple cruising should be fine :)
new pics soon.

Barry, some guys are meeting at Mikes Famous HD and cruising down RT9 then on to Rehobeth Beach to experience the go carts tracks and let the gals shop at the outlets. Then on over to Delmar for a good ol' crab feast at the Old Mill. Check out the post on the Corvette Forum under Mr.Mojo Crab Run I think. Meeting Sat june 18 8am eating in delmar around 3 pm.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom