Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Waiting over 3 mo. for Z06 windshield molding

rodbean

Corvette
2004 Z06 Black
Has anyone with a C5 Z06 had trouble finding trim and moldings for the windshield? My car has been at a dealer for over 3 mo. waiting for certain special order items to seal against rain water.

My understanding is that the GM supplier had not been paid and would not ship anything until the issue was resolved. Now, with GM emerging from the so-called bankruptcy, I would imagine they would have been paid.

I use my car on the track and I really miss it. Has anyone heard of this problem with the trim mfr.?

Rod Bean
soCal

That seems like an awfully long time for them to be holding your car. Could the specialty part have been ordered from Mid-America, Eckler's, or YearOne? Man, not having my Corvette in my garage for 3 mos would give me the shakes.

That seems like an awfully long time for them to be holding your car. Could the specialty part have been ordered from Mid-America, Eckler's, or YearOne? Man, not having my Corvette in my garage for 3 mos would give me the shakes.

The dealer tells me it's a regular GM supplier (a non-GM company) that makes these parts. I tried the places you mentioned but this is an OEM part with a GM part number and they don't stock them. GM Parts Direct has them listed but they're in the same boat as the dealers... dependent on the manufacturer.

Recently when I attempted to purchase / order four GM brake rotors at my Chevrolet dealer for my 1999 C5 coupe, I learned all four rotors are on "national back-order".

My dealer was able to find the rotors (four separate items / part numbers) at three other dealers, two out-of-town, but said more parts are now not available.

The lack of parts for late model GM vehicles will not help GM's attempt to keep / gain market share.

Its not just GM parts its everything, farmers are having problems getting parts because vender's wont over build for inventory. Times are tough and companies will not over extend their credit and in some cases cannot get money/credit.

Hey all:

We know that this part is currently unavailable. We are sourcing this product now and hope to have it on the market as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mike, thank you for your input. I'm sure that if it was available, you'd point us in the right direction to find what we need.

If I we're a supplier of GM parts and I hadn't been paid for the past 10,000 units shipped 8 months ago ,guess what ? Bankruptcy might mean I only recover a small percentage of my investment from GM. And lets just say I was the only one tooled up to Mfg the desperately needed parts .Keep in mind that GM has been squeezing it's vendors for every last dime and demanding the impossible at the same time. It would be a cold day in hell before GM would get squat from me .The good thing rodbean is that I don't supply parts to GM ,but I know people who do and this is how they feel.

I tried to buy OEM floor mats and a black door sill trim piece. Both parts listed no more suppliers from GM and my dealer found the trim piece from another dealer. The floor mats ultimately came back as not available anywhere, even out of dealer stock.

I've been looking at purchasing a console cover for months and no dealer stock anywhere, backorder and no estimate on when parts will come back in stock. It's making me think I need to get out of this car while I can.

yep- on my 08 I want to get 2 new front side spoliers -get scrapped constintly - BACK ORDER - go figure

yep- on my 08 I want to get 2 new front side spoliers -get scrapped constintly - BACK ORDER - go figure

Reports like this on parts for late model C6 parts tells me that I don't want to look at a newer Corvette. My car is high enough in miles that it needs attention from time to time. Looks like this could be the end of my Vette ownership for a while until GM sorts some stuff out.

Today I attempted to order the rear lift-off panel weatherstrip (part #10329158) for my 1999 C5 coupe. The dealer parts department stated it is not available and is on national back-order.

The lack of parts for GM vehicles is costing GM business and irritating its customers (like me).

Last year I bought a new 2008 Impala LTZ and have not had problems getting parts (warranty and maintenance only), but I would not consider buying another new GM car due to the collapse of their parts availability.

I guess this is the "new GM".

Today I attempted to order the rear lift-off panel weatherstrip (part #10329158) for my 1999 C coupe. The dealer parts department stated it is not available and is on national back-order.

The lack of parts for GM vehicles is costing GM business and irritating its customers (like me).

Last year I bought a new 2008 Impala LUTZ and have not had problems getting parts (warranty and maintenance only), but I would not consider buying another new GM car due to the collapse of their parts availability.

I guess this is the "new GM".

Again if GM didn't pay their suppliers they won't get more parts .The problem will work itself out but may take a year or longer.

Again if GM didn't pay their suppliers they won't get more parts .The problem will work itself out but may take a year or longer.

It is a downward spiral.

GM can't sell parts it does not have and the suppliers won't make the parts for GM to sell. GM dealers can't sell the part they can't get (or install it). No one makes a sale (and a profit). Customers end up irritated and frustrated.

Customers quit buying GM parts and vehicles - and buy their parts in the aftermarket. More GM customers switch to a competitor - and never come back to GM.

Go figure.

I'm still waiting for stuff from Mid America that they told me they had in stock.:mad

It is a downward spiral.

GM can't sell parts it does not have and the suppliers won't make the parts for GM to sell. GM dealers can't sell the part they can't get (or install it). No one makes a sale (and a profit). Customers end up irritated and frustrated.

Customers quit buying GM parts and vehicles - and buy their parts in the aftermarket. More GM customers switch to a competitor - and never come back to GM.

Go figure.

Your on the right track .Some vendors went bankrupt themselves and have shut their doors .It will come back but a lot of the replacement vendors will be off shore.

This problem will continue to effect both C5's and C6's.

The one thing you can do is write your congressman .Remember who's in charge of GM.:ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom