Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

want to shave antenna...got questions...

Corvette
1981 Corvette Spectramaster Blue
alright as most of you know I am doing alot of work to my car...and I am thinking that I am going to shave the antenna...and what I am wanting to know is if there is a way to have the antenna in the window or something of that nature instead of haveing a real antenna...or if I shave it is it just gone...

Thanks,
John Dykstra

you can get a c3 windshield with the areal made into it.i'm unshaving mine during my rebuild, unshaving the carrier too.you could mount a small areal in the compartment behind the seat.

Recall some years ago of one being installed under the running board of a street rod. Not sure how well it worked.

Newest, today, Vette magazine has a C5 with one that is mounted on the rear right corner and retracts into the trunk. Just the small ring is visible on the fender. C5 convertibles come with them.

Uh, mabe it's late and I'm not understanding the question, but I have a power antenna on mine. It's on the left rear quarter-deck. I never raise it, because it works in the down position. I'm sure it's aftermarket. There is a blemish on the right fender where a fixed antenna might have gone. I'm brand new to Vette's so take it for what its worth.

some came with the electric areal,you can buy them for about 65.$

well the thing is when I was taking mine off yesterday in prepping for paint I broke me electiric one and I kinda like the shaved look so I thought I might do that instead as long as I have to do some work on that quarter anyway...but I will have to look around anyone know a webiite for any cool antennas?

John Dykstra

John,

I used tie wraps and mounted the antenna up under the rear end along the seam for the rear body mounts. It's a fixed antenna about 30" long or so. The receiption is every bit as good as when it was mounted on the drivers side rear ;) Rare is a UL5 car so I didn't want the antenna, but I still wanted a stereo ;)

never mind it is not workin for me but they sell a antenna that is made to go on the inside of fiberglass cars so that is what I am gonna get and it is only 39.95 much better then the 70 for the electric.

John Dykstra

Custom Autosound makes "hidden antennas. May want to check them out.

antenna_in-car.gif
[size=+1]Non-directional antenna can be mounted anywhere inside your fiberglass vehicle. Recommended mounting in steel cars is on the windshield for best AM/FM reception. [/size][size=+1]Non-Directional - Mount in any position[/size]
[size=+1]NFR - Noise Free Circuit[/size]
<LI>[size=+1]Amplifies AM/FM Signals[/size]

[size=+1]Item Number[/size] [size=+1]Description[/size] [size=+1]Price[/size]JUSCREENIn-Car Antenna$39.95

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom