Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 WANTED: 1996 LT4 Convertible, Black

1996 LT4 Topic

thunderlevin

Hi. I'm new here, but this seemed like a good place to post a request. I'm looking to buy my first Corvette, but I don't have a lot of money to spend. So what I'd like is a 1996 LT4 manual transmission convertible, for under $10K, hopefully with less than 100K miles, that doesn't need any significant immediate work. As the old saying goes, I'll take any color as long as it's Black. Naturally I'm monitoring Craigslist, Cars.com, Autotrader, and Ebay. But any leads would be appreciated. I'm in the Los Angeles area. Thanks!

Good luck on your search. Try car gurus too. Thats where I found mine

Saw one on car gurus black on black 124k miles, no price. The car was at a dealer in Costa Mesa. It was an LT4.

Saw one on car gurus black on black 124k miles, no price. The car was at a dealer in Costa Mesa. It was an LT4.

Yeah, I've had my eye on that one. The price started at $10,990 about a month ago and has been lowered twice, down to $8990 now. But the high mileage has me concerned, as does the fact that the used car dealer that's selling it doesn't have any maintenance history for the car. I'm hoping that if they don't sell it over the Memorial Day weekend they'll lower the price to the point that I could buy it and still have money to fix whatever must surely be wrong with it!

The mileage isnt that bad, you should get close to 200k on the motor without problem. Mine has 102k and i am not worried about driving it anywhere. I will be taking it to wisconsin in 2 weeks that will 2400 miles in 4 days. Try car fax for any maintainence completed and watch for a leaking water pump. That can get expensive if the opti spark needs replacing too

So its after the holiday did you go get that LT4, did he drop the price

The mileage isnt that bad, you should get close to 200k on the motor without problem. Mine has 102k and i am not worried about driving it anywhere. I will be taking it to wisconsin in 2 weeks that will 2400 miles in 4 days. Try car fax for any maintainence completed and watch for a leaking water pump. That can get expensive if the opti spark needs replacing too

Are you going to Corvette Adventures at Chula Vista??

No I'm not going, even though I will be in Wisconsin but that's for my daughters 8th grade graduation in Green Bay. Then I'm leaving for VA on June 7 my next adventure is to Corvettes at Carlisle

They haven't dropped the price, but it hasn't sold yet either. I'm keeping an eye on it daily. If the price comes down one more time I'll go check it out. Would still need to find a Corvette expert mechanic in that area to check it out for me though...

So its after the holiday did you go get that LT4, did he drop the price

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom